Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Few questions from potential new Bentley owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 08:32 PM
BentleyF will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BGTHEMOGUL
Understand they are completely different cars. Being I'm a young entertainment executive the "flash" and "image" fits perfectly for my lifestyle. The "wow" factor of the Gallardo would be a good thing for me. On the contrary I absolutely love the Bentley CGT which I think also makes a bold statement especially at my age so I'm open for either one of them. Whichever comes first at the right price for the right car!

P.S. The gallardo would be my everyday as well. Before you say you it's not a daily driver I've done PLENTY of research on it and it can be an everyday driver.
The Bentley is it man. My friend has a gallardo. So I know both cars very well. The Lamborghini will eat you up as a daily driver. I use my spur ever day and absolutely love it.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Banned
BGTHEMOGUL is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BentleyF
The Bentley is it man. My friend has a gallardo. So I know both cars very well. The Lamborghini will eat you up as a daily driver. I use my spur ever day and absolutely love it.
The Bentley is obviously the more "comfortable" and "luxury" choice of the two. To me the Gallardo has more of the "wow" factor though. Searching everyday for both whichever car I find first at the right price for the right car I'm buying.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
My GTC has as much flash and style as I can afford in my small town. I have heard there has been some talk about me and the car. One guy called me "the money man" as walked up to ball game at the high school. In Miami ostentatious show is more the norm than up here.

I ain't no young music mogul.

I say give em hell and glitz it up mate.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Banned
BGTHEMOGUL is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
My GTC has as much flash and style as I can afford in my small town. I have heard there has been some talk about me and the car. One guy called me "the money man" as walked up to ball game at the high school. In Miami ostentatious show is more the norm than up here.

I ain't no young music mogul.

I say give em hell and glitz it up mate.

Thanks my man believe me I'm working on it.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:20 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
... plus the Bentley will be featured in the upcoming Bond movie so you'll be right in style, at the right time.

<Insert any number of Bond girl references here>
I'm on the edge of my seat right now, waiting for the inevitable demand that Bondie will create that will drive our CGT prices off the planet like the DB5. Already have most of my profit pre-spent on baubles and bling. The rest I'll waste

Old 03-14-2013, 04:34 AM
scorguie is on a distinguished road
had major issues with my GTC bought new in 2010. Dealer has attended under warranty but not fixed the problems. They keep on recurring. The attitude of Bentley Motors has been shocking.

history is outlined on http://www.facebook.com/pages/DUFF-B...82527935102870

Old 03-14-2013, 07:05 PM
gogolchris is on a distinguished road
Exactly what I was thinking and wanted to hear. I'm getting more excited to purchase just need to find the RIGHT buy and it's done.
I bought an 05 Gt with 27000 miles for for $72K a few months ago. The prepurchase found defective tire pressure sensors, defective dipstick and weak main battery, it is probably typical. I have heard of problems with headeliners becoming unstuck too. A newer car will have a DVD nav system instead of the slow CD, self latching doors and metal trim on the seat rails.
I am very happy with my cypress green car and intend to keep it a long time.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
I agree and I've seen several 2012's on the road but have not noticed any severe changes. Only knew they were 2012's because of the LED headlights.
I looked at a 2012 in great detail when I was shopping for my car and I actually like the older look more, especially in the front. When you look at both cars standing side by side, something about 2012 is...weird. I think its the overall proportions. In the rear I like the old tail lights a little more as well.

As far as the inside is concerned, lets not forget the elephant in the room - 2011 and earlier models have the NAV unit from late 1990's, while 2012+ models have a NAV unit that looks like it was only made about 5 years ago.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:08 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ek1
I looked at a 2012 in great detail when I was shopping for my car and I actually like the older look more, especially in the front. When you look at both cars standing side by side, something about 2012 is...weird. I think its the overall proportions. In the rear I like the old tail lights a little more as well...
I had the privilege of having both the 06 and my current 12 in my garage at the same time so I can make the comparisons quite easily. Both are beautiful, but I have a preference for the slightly more squared off look of the recent model.

However it took me a little time and some counseling to accept the front lip that drops down from the grill, and the strange go-nowhere overhang at the bottom of the trunk.

Nothing that a drive didn't fix!

I'm with you on the 'newfangled' electronics, but I have to say the nav on my 2012 is the best looking and most responsive I've had in any car.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:55 AM
Digger11 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gogolchris
I bought an 05 Gt with 27000 miles for for $72K a few months ago. The prepurchase found defective tire pressure sensors, defective dipstick and weak main battery, it is probably typical. I have heard of problems with headeliners becoming unstuck too. A newer car will have a DVD nav system instead of the slow CD, self latching doors and metal trim on the seat rails.
Isn't Cypress the best colour - sometimes grey sometimes a rich green.
Sure beats Corolla Silver !

Last edited by Digger11; 03-15-2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by gogolchris
Isn't Cypress the best colour - sometimes grey sometiems a rich green.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:42 AM
cdavis43 is on a distinguished road
I have an 07 and everyone thinks it's brand new
I have the Mulliner package the wheels are much nicer so are the diamond stiched seats The looks and comments you get won't even compare the your BenZ LOL.

Cliff

Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 AM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Digger11
Isn't Cypress the best colour - sometimes grey sometiems a rich green.
I think Bentley's name for "corolla silver" is Moonbeam and it looks absolutely gorgeous on a CGT. Take a look at this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super...t_16598wt_1170

I would take that over cypress any time. In fact, I like silver more than my color (anthracite), though my color is more subtle. Anthracite looks like this: http://gtcarlot.com/data/Bentley/Con...-51006472.html

Different strokes to different folks I guess..

Old 03-16-2013, 05:06 PM
You're starting to remind me of the Golf owners who refer to the colour of the car as CW. Unfortunately for them "cool white" just looks like delivery van white.
You can call a colour any trendy sounding name you like but it doesn't chnage what it looks like.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:53 AM
Marcus22 is on a distinguished road
I have an 04 GT with about 80k miles on it. It had (i've repaired) all the expected issues.

1. Tire pressure sensors don't work.
2. Third brake light sometimes works, but usually didn't.
3. Parking brake sensor randomly went out.

I picked it up for a steal and its been a very reliable car granted I don't drive it much. I did do the brakes myself and saved a few thousand doing so, as well as purchased the rotors, pads, etc from Flyinspares.com.

If you ask me the Bentley GT has a pretty timeless design and even though its a 2004 it certainly doesn't look it. Parked next to my 2003 M3 it looks 5-6 years newer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Few questions from potential new Bentley owner