Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

CGT to Supersports are you glad you did it?

Old 05-04-2012, 12:18 PM
chinaleeexports will become famous soon enoughchinaleeexports will become famous soon enough
CGT to Supersports are you glad you did it?

I am just starting to contemplate moving to a Supersports 2010. For those you went from a CGT to a Supersports are you happy that you did it?

Old 05-04-2012, 08:07 PM
mburnstein is on a distinguished road
yes, but go for the 4 seat luxury seat option.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I saw my first one this weekend. The dealer I bought from had just brought in a used 2011 for a customer trading in a Merc SLS. I did sit in it and the seats were spartan. Go for the luxury seats for sure.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:56 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
...trading in a Merc SLS...
What was this guy thinking! You need arms like an orangutan to close the doors, the crockpit is spartan and the front overhang forward of the wheels makes it look very unwieldy. We are very spoilt when it comes to matching the Bentley's looks and power to anything else out there. I think many other luxury cars are a backward step.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
To be clear this large man of 300lbs. traded in a used SLS after owning for only a few months for a used GT SS. The Bentley was a somewhat better fit but the seats of the SS were still snug even for me at 6'2", 215 lbs. The SLS was a workout to exit and enter. You'd have to be a ballerina to exhibit grace getting out of the SLS.

I think the man just needs to get a Phantom Drophead.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:53 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Even at a mere 5'8" (with heels), I find the standard seats in mine to be a little snug. Still, all adds to the sporty feel.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
chinaleeexports will become famous soon enoughchinaleeexports will become famous soon enough
I just drove one at my local dealer. Needless to say it has more power and tighter (mine's an 05), and was a nice performance move up from mine. The seats are nice looking but yes they do lack padding and they put me in a lower driving position than what I am used to. We shall see what I do or don't do in the next few weeks..

Old 05-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Johnsoto11226 is a name known to allJohnsoto11226 is a name known to allJohnsoto11226 is a name known to allJohnsoto11226 is a name known to allJohnsoto11226 is a name known to allJohnsoto11226 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kensilver
What was this guy thinking! You need arms like an orangutan to close the doors, the crockpit is spartan and the front overhang forward of the wheels makes it look very unwieldy. We are very spoilt when it comes to matching the Bentley's looks and power to anything else out there. I think many other luxury cars are a backward step.

Arms like an orangutan

Old 05-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Best is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kensilver
arms like an orangutan
Good one!