Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Arnage or Mulsanne?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Arnage or Mulsanne?

Is there anyone on here driving one of these? Odd so many GTs and no big sedans.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Is there anyone on here driving one of these? Odd so many GTs and no big sedans.
I don't. People already suspect that I am old. I don't want to do anything to confirm it.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Swflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura about
are you possibly looking to buy and looking for advise? or just curious if there are any owners here? i don't own one but drive drive them all day long and ill tell you the malsanne is sooooooo much better in every way. it also blows the ghost out of the water in terms of quality materials. much more fun to drive the torque is amazing!

Old 07-29-2012, 10:35 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I am way to young for even a S class mercedes, but find myself craving the smooth ride and luxury of a large sedan. The Mulsanne is the best looking IMO, and can probably presume it has an amazing ride.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Swflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura about
the malsanne is crazy good in my opinion. the initial quality on pdi was shoddy at first but they have a year or so under there belt now and are pumping out some good cars. we were mainly finding issues with missing or incorrect trim items, nothing big. as far as the styling when i seen photos i wasn't sure but once its in front of you, you cant help but bask in its glory. and the engine is silky smooth compared to arnage thanks to variable cam timing.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:55 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Swflbt23
are you possibly looking to buy and looking for advise? or just curious if there are any owners here? i don't own one but drive drive them all day long and ill tell you the malsanne is sooooooo much better in every way. it also blows the ghost out of the water in terms of quality materials. much more fun to drive the torque is amazing!
I drove a Ghost but not the Mulsanne so could no compare. How would the Mulsanne compare to the Phantom?

Old 07-30-2012, 09:16 PM
don't get me wrong all the cars are very good and have there strengths and weaknesses. for me the phantom is still the pinnacle of luxury you are literally driving a cloud. but for me that is the problem. there is no road feel in the suspension or the steering. i believe this is a car to be driven in. the malsanne is a smaller car then the phantom (not by a lot but take it to a parking lot and swing into a few spaces you can feel the difference) the steering has more feel and over all is definitely the big sedan to have if you like to drive. when Bentley made the malsanne they purposely slotted it below the phantom and above the ghost and this is where is belongs. to me the ghost is more of a competitor for the spur, but its the same story all over again with smaller cars ghost is like a cloud compared to spur. ghost gives you the floating sensation of the phantom with the ability to drive it everyday/everywhere. the big "but" here is after driving and actually working on both the ghost and the new 760 the materials are to close for comfort. the ghost is a bit pricey in my honest opinion for the quality of materials.and i know your sales person will argue to the bloody death with me but i worked for BMW when the F01 7 series was launched and iv been with rolls for a while now and the ghost skimps out. one prime example is crawl into a ghost and look at all the chrome inside take it off and flip it over its plastic! go in the malsanne and pick any piece of chrome i guarantee its real metal. in fact next time you go to the dealer take a small magnet. you wont get a strong attraction because of the nickle plating but enough to feel its real metal. i wont lie to you the ghost out sells the malsanne at my dealer but i think its because of two main reasons. 1) ghost puts it technology right out in front of you with the screen in the cluster,i drive and all the gadgets. the malsanne takes a more subtle approach and they call it technology on demand. with the screen folded it has that very classic Bentley feel , flip it open and you have ipod, hd radio the whole nine. 2) rolls has had a better incentive program for salesman (at least it was for awhile) so naturally if you come in and are torn down the middle about the two your getting steered toward the ghost. so after a very long post lets sum it up 1)the phantom is the best but hire a driver 2)malsanne is close second but takes the gold if you like to drive 3)for me skip the ghost buy a spur or a 760. or hell even an alpina b7 those are pretty exclusive to. these are my opinions but i urge you to drive them all and report back. id like to see our views are similar or not.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Nsxe320 is on a distinguished road
I drove the mulsanne and all I can say is WOW, also looks better than the ghost in my opinion

Old 07-30-2012, 09:25 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
Mulsanne

Old 07-31-2012, 07:36 AM
Nice well written answer there Swflbt23.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM
farmGT74 is on a distinguished road
my father has a 1999 Bentley Arnage Green label.. awesome car, still amazing after all these years

Old 07-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by farmGT74
my father has a 1999 Bentley Arnage Green label.. awesome car, still amazing after all these years
I rest my case.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by farmGT74
My problem may be that I never see these cars on good terms but given what's out there today I would shy away from arnage, azure,and any rolls built before 04. The cars are very primitive and very quarki even up till 2010 when they stopped the arnage.there are some good ones but definitely not a majority

Old 08-01-2012, 01:28 AM
farmGT74 is on a distinguished road
I agree definitely more primitive, but IMO the Arnage still has a lot more grace and sense of ocassion when I drive it compared to my GT.
We recently sent the car out to get restored, I will post
Some pics when it comes back.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Jeremy Clarkson gave the GT bad reviews making many derogatory comments and then praised the Arnage. I usually like his videos but he lost a little respect from me on that one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Arnage or Mulsanne?