Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Very disappointed with the Naim stereo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 09:47 PM
John V. will become famous soon enoughJohn V. will become famous soon enough
Very disappointed with the Naim stereo

I just recently sold my 06 Flying Spur for an 09 Spur Speed. Has all the options I wanted and was looking forward to hearing the Naim stereo since its such an expense option with such great reviews. Can tell ya that I'm very disappointed. Its definitely very clean sounding but has no bass at all. Adjust it to max, play with all the different setting and its so weak. Even my Range Rover with a Logic 7 system pounds harder. Thought something was wrong but the dealer said there were no codes. Does any one else feel the same?

Old 08-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Was thinking about upgrading my stock system in my 07 GTC but after hearing the costs and the poor reports I have become very satisfied with what I have. The stock bass shakes the side view mirrors.

We had a member here that was told by a dealer that the Niam system was not worth the money. If I had the $ I'd have Enjoythemusic build mine. Like I really need it. Yesterday on a sport ride with my daughter we had the pop tunes up so loud that it was to much, top down and all.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:02 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
If I had the $ I'd have Enjoythemusic build mine.
Was talking with a **vacuum tube** amplifier manufacturer a few months back who has done a sound system within a Bentley. May go hear it on my next trip to Newport Beach.

Frankly, the stock system in the 2006 is impressive enough. My only real/main quibbles are the lack of smooth extension in uppermost frequencies (5 kHz on up...... and over 12 kHz it is not 'pretty' at all imho) and the lack of a 7-band EQ (instead of the Bass, Midrange and Treble).

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 08-20-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
If you do hear the system please comment on the price/reward. I too think the stock system is pretty darn good.

I love to let my left leg rest against the door and feel the music.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:10 PM
John V. will become famous soon enoughJohn V. will become famous soon enough
Another down side with the Naim is the huge amp that hangs in the top part of the trunk. Really limits the amount of space in there. Wish I got a FS without it and just added some woofers.

1 other option I'm missing that is really nice which I thought was standard is power tilt for the top part of the seats. Makes seating a lot more comfortable when you can rest your head on the head rest.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
We had a member here that was told by a dealer that the Niam system was not worth the money.
I may not be the only one, I don't know, but I was in a thread that discussed the Niam system and I reported that the dealer was not hot on me getting one. I did order a black GTC without it, but at the 11th hour chose a blue GTC from the showroom floor that has it. It definitely takes up more room in the boot (trunk if from TN ) and eliminates the ski hole feature.

It is a curious thing, but my wife and I prefer it over the standard system in the GT that I traded in. And, I have found out that there are others who praise it while others think it is a waste of money. It is a good choice if you want a clean sound at 1000 db or you like to brag, like I do, that it has 14 speakers and a sub woofer. The expert is EnjoytheMusic.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
I may not be the only one, I don't know, but I was in a thread that discussed the Niam system and I reported that the dealer was not hot on me getting one. I did order a black GTC without it, but at the 11th hour chose a blue GTC from the showroom floor that has it. It definitely takes up more room in the boot (trunk if from TN ) and eliminates the ski hole feature.

It is a curious thing, but my wife and I prefer it over the standard system in the GT that I traded in. And, I have found out that there are others who praise it while others think it is a waste of money. It is a good choice if you want a clean sound at 1000 db or you like to brag, like I do, that it has 14 speakers and a sub woofer. The expert is EnjoytheMusic.
It was your thread that I was referring to. Wow the Tx man lost his ski hole?? What a tragedy since you ski most every weekend.

One day i'll hear one of them fancy radios fer myself. If I did any more braggin in this POS town I'd be out on a rail.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 08-22-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Question

If I did any more braggin in this POS town I'd be out on a rail.
Why, what did you do this time?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
Why, what did you do this time?
Some lengthy story but suffice it to say the local internet gossip column has me listed as a 'jerk' of a dentist. After that they started on the car that i drive and that "proves" I am an arrogant bastard rubbing it in the nose of the common folk. The latest is that i have "tapped out" the entire staff.

I am going to slink out of town tonight with the top up and the music on low.

OR

Roar out with the top down playing AC/DC Back in Black WFO!

Old 08-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Some lengthy story but suffice it to say the local internet gossip column has me listed as a 'jerk' of a dentist. After that they started on the car that i drive and that "proves" I am an arrogant bastard rubbing it in the nose of the common folk. The latest is that i have "tapped out" the entire staff.

I am going to slink out of town tonight with the top up and the music on low.

OR

Roar out with the top down playing AC/DC Back in Black WFO!
The 'common folk' can be pretty brutal. I grew up on a farm outside a small town (population 529) and remember only too well how being different can be challenging. For whatever reason, I had no interest in farming and therefore suffered for it. The 1st time I heard the word Mercedes was when a dude, in one, ran into my mother's car and sent her to the hospital. I was in my teens.

I vote for the 2nd option. Cowering down gives them what they want. You might want to let out the word that you just paid $7,000+ for a fancy new radio before you "Roar out with the top down playing AC/DC Back in Black WFO!". When you tell them about the radio, be sure and complain profusely about losing your ski hole.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:51 PM
God I laughed almost to tears. Had to tell the dental assistant to wait till i recomposed myself, thanks.

Lost my ski hole.

I'm out for the day top down to the big city for sushi and cigars top-a-the-day-to-ya-tx.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:26 PM
ssonss1 has a spectacular aura aboutssonss1 has a spectacular aura aboutssonss1 has a spectacular aura about
That sucks, considering the price of that option I would expect it to be unreal. Should have kept your old spur