Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Contintental Ride Height

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Digger11 is on a distinguished road
Contintental Ride Height

Does the higher Ride Height setting soften the ride at all .
I have set the shock absorber setting to soft which has helped as we have plenty of pot holes and rough roads where I live.

What ride height setting does everyone use.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:42 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
i use Normal height and indeed have bumpy roads here. Using the suspension set to soft (far left, only ONE section colors on the user interface) i find the car does dampen bumps better yet also tends to 'float' a bit too. The normal (middle, also considered two sections of the four choices total) to be a good setting for ‘minor’ bumpy roadways. Still, during hard bumps the super soft setting works best to keep my teeth fillings intact. Not sure raising the height would soften things more as it is the shocks, which are still at the same soft setting.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 09-30-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:06 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Looks ugly on the high setting because of the extra space in the wheel arches, and ride is slightly firmer too.

I always use the soft setting and rely on the superduper computer to alter the ride for Dr D-style driving.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:56 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Always on normal unless u wanna go 4x4 then high would be good.

J

Old 10-01-2012, 05:17 AM
Digger11 is on a distinguished road
Ok thanks

If I wanted a super smooth ride I would have bought a Rolls or a Jag .
Totally agree that the Bentley looks strange on its higher setting, and if it doesnt smooth out the ride then I don't see the point.
We don't get snow here so no real use.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I use the normal most of the time even if the road is bumpy. I never know when my right foot may spasm and send me off into a corner a little hot. I don't think my 07 mode has that automatic suspension adjustment that Ken is talking about; Comfort is for interstate cruise. I do not think the higher setting would improve the softness of the ride in any way.

Only tried the high oncee when a speed bump in a parking lot looked a tad tall.

I do use S1 and S2 quite a bit when the daughter and I go out for the day. I am always jerking the shifter back to S drive and then letting it slip forward after I get my fix.

Ken is that the style your referring to?

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 10-01-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:12 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
...I don't think my 07 mode has that automatic suspension adjustment that Ken is talking about...
No, I just meant the standard ride computer that works, um hundreds of times a second to get the best ride on the road. Can't remember where I saw that - maybe it was another car I had.

Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
...I do use S1 and S2 quite a bit when the daughter and I go out for the day. I am always jerking the shifter back to S drive and then letting it slip forward after I get my fix.

Ken is that the style your referring to?
I was referring to you driving it like every hour was your last

Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kensilver
No, I just meant the standard ride computer that works, um hundreds of times a second to get the best ride on the road. Can't remember where I saw that - maybe it was another car I had.

I was referring to you driving it like every hour was your last
Might be but hope not.

I think they said the 12 models had some extra auto suspension feature and the reviewers were saying that made the settings somewhat redundant.