Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Just did a really nice long drive.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 12:36 PM
John V. will become famous soon enoughJohn V. will become famous soon enough
Just did a really nice long drive.

Not sure how many people like to take there Bentley's for a really good drive but I just did with my family. My 09 Spur Speed just loved the highway. We drove from Vancouver Canada to Las Vegas to Lake Havasu to Los Angeles and back home. On the way down we spent a night in Boise Idaho and coming back in Medford Oregon. Tried to drive as careful as possible but the car just pulls. Got a nice $431 ticket in Oregon doing 89 in a 65 zone. Recently got it and it is equipped with a Passport radar detector that I didn't have set up properly. After that I surely did. Saved me twice on the way back from the CHP.

Was beautiful and sunny the whole way and the car performed awesome even in 110 degree heat. Really felt like nothing to it and just wanted to keep going and going. Was interesting to hear peoples comments when you pull up to rural gas stations with such a nice vehicle from so far away. Maybe will do it again some day.

Attached are a few pics along the road.

Attached Images      
Old 10-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
You are my definition of a Grand Tourer fun times eh?

Old 10-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Nice trip! I mostly do day rides where the whole point is sport driving on mountain roads. My daughter loves it and we leave the motion sick wife at the house. I drive just to drive. Leaving top down in a few minutes for a 120 mile ride for supper and shopping.

Who took the pic of the speedo?

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 10-03-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:33 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
That sounds like a great time. Perfect car for such a trip. What was your MPG??? Not that Bently owner care.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
07 GTC tuned with pipes can get 18mpg. On sport rides a get 12mpg. Oh well since my purpose is to burn the gas so be it. We go on motorcycle rides also for the experience of purely burning fossil fuels.

I can't say I don't care at all about milage but I do not let that stop me from enjoying what i like.

So who took the pic? Don't tell me it was one on the wheel at 140?
Lord the bugs and dirt on that car almost made me cry.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
07 GTC tuned with pipes can get 18mpg. On sport rides a get 12mpg. Oh well since my purpose is to burn the gas so be it. We go on motorcycle rides also for the experience of purely burning fossil fuels.

I can't say I don't care at all about milage but I do not let that stop me from enjoying what i like.

So who took the pic? Don't tell me it was one on the wheel at 140?
Lord the bugs and dirt on that car almost made me cry.
Doc did'nt you and Grwisher and Steven wanted to drive your Bs to the West Coast? Bugs, yucky!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:12 PM
John V. will become famous soon enoughJohn V. will become famous soon enough
I really didn't care for gas milage, was purely enjoying the open freeway. From Vancouver to Vegas took about $400 in fuel. Mind you I wasn't driving the most fuel efficiently. Love how gas prices are so much cheeper there. Were paying $1.32 - $1.43 a litre for regular. Everything is way more expensive here. From clothes to food to housing. No breaks at all. Hopefully one day will be moving down to the LA area!!!

Surprisingly the bugs washed off rather easily. Car was waxed before the trip so with a good pre soak they came right off. Even gave the Rad & Intercoolers a good spray. Don't want them clogged up. Was hard to tell from the pics but it's even lowered with wheel spacers. 15mm in the rear & 5mm front.

O and my wife reached over to take the speed pic. Was a bit slow though cause we were going a bit faster just before.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Wedgeduck, I have mixed feeling about being on the interstate system for three of four days, not the beast of GT driving. I'd love to meet your guys in person. We need Ken there too.

John did the kids enjoy the drive? Do they like speed? What did they say about the ticket? How old and how many?

Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Doc did'nt you and Grwisher and Steven wanted to drive your Bs to the West Coast? Bugs, yucky!
Yep.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Yep, Ken needs to be here too. Wouldn't that be an awesome adventure? A bunch of Bentleys just touring. It will be the talk of the world. We can filmed, take great pictures, maybe do a live reality show. Wait, I am getting way ahead myself here. Too much coffee this morning

Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Yep, Ken needs to be here too. Wouldn't that be an awesome adventure? A bunch of Bentleys just touring. It will be the talk of the world. We can filmed, take great pictures, maybe do a live reality show. Wait, I am getting way ahead myself here. Too much coffee this morning
Yeh we could call the show "MegaGeezers". I would say there is no call for such a show but after seeing the Kardashians and Jersey Shore I am not so sure.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Yeh we could call the show "MegaGeezers". I would say there is no call for such a show but after seeing the Kardashians and Jersey Shore I am not so sure.
Or SupercarGeezers. we can be on Speed TV or Top Gear.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:30 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Yeh we could call the show "MegaGeezers". ...
You'd have to count me out on that one. I'm 64 but much too young-looking for the title

Plus the cost of shipping the GT from New Zealand would seriously eat into the funds set aside for a motorized zimmerframe.

But it would be a great adventure. Just don't team me up with you at the wheel

Old 10-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Yeh we could call the show "MegaGeezers".
B-Geezers.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:56 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
i vote for calling it B-Quest.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just did a really nice long drive.