Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

How Fast?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 05:31 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
About 165 to 175. But that's back on the desert roads. Took like a mile to kinda reach that speed. Soon as all her tuning is in order. I can try for 1/4 mile time trials and see what she can really do 0-60mph. Then I am doing the Movaje Mile just to get her on record instead of flying around the back roads in the desert. But over 150 she handles so nice, you would think you are going 100.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Ah-ha there are some that run like I do. I know these cars are advertised to go over 200mph but I have seen some tests done on them and others in class and they are usually short of manufacture claims, imagine that?

They do feel sure in the low 100's but Douyon shows wisdom in respecting speed and questioning ability.
Always short on manufacturer's claim. They said the SS can 0-60 in 3.6 sec. That's pretty fast for a 4750 lb vehicle. Given a better tranny that shift 50 percent quicker, maybe. But that's fast! Don't know, will test my lighten up 850hp baby in two weeks and will let you guys know.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by Buddilly
I went that fast in my dreams last night. I have a 2013 CGT Speed and I plan to break 200mph sometime this year - just need to find the correct venue.
Will need about a 3 to 4 mile of straight road..

Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Will need about a 3 to 4 mile of straight road..
or the Bonnesville Salt Flats. I wanted to do the over 200 mph too. But I am concerned about safety and equipment. I might just build a roll cage. Bentley Flying Spur just did 195mph at the Salt Flats.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I don't need to see topped out but i sure like the 120-150 every now and then.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I don't need to see topped out but i sure like the 120-150 every now and then.
I could not imagine the Doc not wanting to top out You do 120mph while smoking a stogie

Old 03-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Yeh 120 ain't nothin. Above 145 it does feel some fast. I don't know if I have the conditions to run flat out safely so I am just lying to myself and trying to convince myself that i don't want to see topping out.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I saw a video about 4 years ago in which a GTC Speed did 197 MPH with the top down! They then did the run again with the top up and went 202 MPH. That is what motivated me to buy my 2010 GTC Speed - just knowing I could do that even if I never would (or did).
I'm over that now and don't have any trouble sleeping at night knowing that my new car can "only" do 187. I may open her up one of these days and get into the low hundreds but the older I get, the more I believe the old adage that there are bold men and there are old men but there are few old bold men.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:40 PM
You guys are not old! But make sure your equipment is in tack before you commit to trying to kill yourselves!

Old 03-21-2013, 05:27 AM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
After running 220 on bikes 190 feels slow lol. I was surprised how quickly it got there though and it was effortless.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:05 AM
There you go. It is not top speed so much as how quick and smooth it does get to what ever speed you reach. That's Bentley speed!

Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
So very true Dr D!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:57 PM
How about top speed, quick and smooth, all the way way through the whole spectrum?

Old 03-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
I got inspired by the rest of you and took the new GTC out just to see what she could do. Got to 203 mph before I chickened out.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:33 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Grwisher!

Grwisher = #winning

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Fast?