Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

How Fast?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
How Fast?

How fast have you had your Bentley going? I have not past the 150mph mark yet but have done it with the top up and down. I had the wife and daughter on board the other day and quickly brought the beast up to 150 and then right back down. The wife never said a word.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Well I guess that thread was a bust RIP.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:46 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
LOL!

Of course we all always adhere to the posted signs and alerts.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I once took my Speed to around 120-125. Haven't aired out the V8 yet, though.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:10 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
How fast have you had your Bentley going? I have not past the 150mph mark yet but have done it with the top up and down. I had the wife and daughter on board the other day and quickly brought the beast up to 150 and then right back down. The wife never said a word.
Probably had a mouth full of bugs . Strangely, I anticipated you would eventually ask a question like that. I'm sure the rest of us would chime in if we knew our identities would not be revealed, or if it were on a track - as you were in your story. (Emoticon not needed)

Old 03-19-2013, 01:09 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
In my dreams I did 130 and got tons of stone chips on bumper! Oh well...a car is meant to be driven so bring on the stones I aint afraid of you!

Old 03-19-2013, 03:56 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I have 'discovered' what the S mode does on twisty mountain roads.

FYI: My wife says S= Scary

Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by kensilver
Probably had a mouth full of bugs . Strangely, I anticipated you would eventually ask a question like that. I'm sure the rest of us would chime in if we knew our identities would not be revealed, or if it were on a track - as you were in your story. (Emoticon not needed)
I'm glad you know me well. I just had a new patient that is a highway patrol officer at the office and i showed him the car telling him bluntly that 120mph in that car is not reckless driving if the conditions are right. I need to get to know these guys so when I get stopped there may be a professional courtesy.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Buddilly is on a distinguished road
203mph

Old 03-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Buddilly
203mph
Do they really go that fast? Which model do you have?

Old 03-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Buddilly is on a distinguished road
Do they really go that fast? Which model do you have?
I went that fast in my dreams last night. I have a 2013 CGT Speed and I plan to break 200mph sometime this year - just need to find the correct venue.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Douyon is on a distinguished road
120mph.

Still getting used to this beast. I have driven Mercedes AMG all the way to it's limit of 155mph, My 95 3000GTVR4 I have had up to 175mph. I was in my 20's I will dig the pictures of the spedo and tack out and post. We did this very early one morning on US 78 in NJ. No other cars on the road. Have also been out with friends on NJ Turnpike at 3:00am doing about 170mph on motorcycle. What a rush..

However the Bently is eary, as it does not feel like you are going as fast as you are, and becomes scary, as your or my reflexes might not react properly, as you really do not feel the speed. It will be a while for me to feel comfortable enough to open this puppy up.

Last edited by Douyon; 03-19-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:46 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
North of 190 on the speedo. Also got busted for street racing in the GT in my avatar back in 2007!

Old 03-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Ah-ha there are some that run like I do. I know these cars are advertised to go over 200mph but I have seen some tests done on them and others in class and they are usually short of manufacture claims, imagine that?

They do feel sure in the low 100's but Douyon shows wisdom in respecting speed and questioning ability.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:00 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
I'm glad you know me well. I just had a new patient that is a highway patrol officer at the office and i showed him the car telling him bluntly that 120mph in that car is not reckless driving if the conditions are right. I need to get to know these guys so when I get stopped there may be a professional courtesy.
Amazing what they'll agree to when you wave your extraction calipers at them

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Fast?