Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

How Fast?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 07:12 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Wow Grwisher!

Grwisher = #winning
Well I think could have done better if I had remembered to put the top up.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:59 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Grwisher
I got inspired by the rest of you and took the new GTC out just to see what she could do. Got to 203 mph before I chickened out.
Crazy man!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Was down at Newport Beach Bentley lounging with their crew. Those 2013's are mesmerizing!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:41 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Wedgeduck, nice and funny as I just got off the phone with my cousin in Newport Beach. Wife and I will be there in a few months and would be great to meet up! Will PM you dates/contact info. And yes, saw the new 2013 models at the dealership last week and they indeed look very enticing!

Old 03-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Wedgeduck, nice and funny as I just got off the phone with my cousin in Newport Beach. Wife and I will be there in a few months and would be great to meet up! Will PM you dates/contact info. And yes, saw the new 2013 models at the dealership last week and they indeed look very enticing!
I really want one, but the sticker price is can be shocking. I want one just to molest and cut up! . I can wait abit. 2012 will be abit more fairly priced by next year.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
I got inspired by the rest of you and took the new GTC out just to see what she could do. Got to 203 mph before I chickened out.
You must have some long straights to get there. I've heard it takes about 5 miles wind-up to get to that speed! Did you do any prep - alter tire pressures, tape down the roof? Did you have a tail wind? More details please!

Old 03-23-2013, 03:11 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kensilver
You must have some long straights to get there. I've heard it takes about 5 miles wind-up to get to that speed! Did you do any prep - alter tire pressures, tape down the roof? Did you have a tail wind? More details please!
Ken, I'm pretty sure he was just kidding around.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:17 AM
About 3 miles to wind up to 200. Depending on the tuning in your vehicle. They can get to about 150 ish in a mile., but why 2 more miles to get up to 200? I don't understand

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 03-23-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:59 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Ken, I'm pretty sure he was just kidding around.
Well, that's a surprise!

Old 03-24-2013, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE=kensilver;3802388]Well, that's a surprise! [/QUOTEYou have to visit me one day. I need to show you something as a Bentley Boy. You will be amazed it's been a long year for me. But so fun. I get to watch history in the making and the GT3 at the LA Auto Show. That car is so sexy!

Old 03-25-2013, 12:28 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
About 3 miles to wind up to 200. Depending on the tuning in your vehicle. They can get to about 150 ish in a mile., but why 2 more miles to get up to 200? I don't understand
It is the rule of cubes. It is the same for boats in water. This is an example for rowing:
"The resistance in rowing is due to the drag of the water moving over the hull of the boat. By the laws of hydrodynamics, this resistance/drag varies to the cube of the velocity/speed. The rule of cubes therefore dictates that a doubling of the speed of the boat will require an eight-fold increase in resistance."

If you need to know anything else, just let me know.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Was that in you dreams or for real? Heuvos are bigger in Tx.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:02 AM
It is the rule of cubes. It is the same for boats in water. This is an example for rowing:
"The resistance in rowing is due to the drag of the water moving over the hull of the boat. By the laws of hydrodynamics, this resistance/drag varies to the cube of the velocity/speed. The rule of cubes therefore dictates that a doubling of the speed of the boat will require an eight-fold increase in resistance."

If you need to know anything else, just let me know.
The basic of hydrodynamics and areodynamics are pretty much the same. It still boggles me when I do the basic math. And cars that are much more lighter and streamline, will reach the mile with way more speed than me. And they even carry less way less horsepower. I narrowed it all down and just simplify that she is a cow. All the HP is used up in pulling that mass. The race areodynamics that I have in mind for a future date, and pretty built as a race car, should have some serious drag coefficient numbers. One day. I got this cow still to test. April 5, is the track date. I should be in Texas on the third.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:41 AM
[quote=Wedgeduck;3802513]
Well, that's a surprise! [/QUOTEYou have to visit me one day. I need to show you something as a Bentley Boy. You will be amazed ...
When I'm next in the area, sure thing!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Fast?