Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Please help: 04 continental gt code p0230, wont stay running

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:45 AM
VIPERRACING is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bentleytech
in the engine compartment where the Ebox is,can you put your hand down by the heater box and feel for moisture,we have had occurrences where the drains don't work and water stays in that well and corrodes the soldered joints. also you may want to try an overlay from the fuse in wiring diagram to the relay (fuse in ebox that is),if it runs fine with the overlay then you probably have moisture in the wiring.

Thank You for all the help & quick response, Im on the road for the next couple of weeks & will check it out once Im back & reply back. Do you see a problem with me just rewiring the pumps to come with ignition? Thanks again for all your help.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:05 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
yeah you can't do that,pump 1 comes on for 20 seconds and then pump 2 comes in which is controlled by ecm,you may well have fuel pressure issues with them both running constantly. i am pretty sure the overlay will fix it either from the fuse or ecm wire to relay is faulty, lets see if this fixes it and then we can go from there as to the repair.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:25 PM
VIPERRACING is on a distinguished road
yeah you can't do that,pump 1 comes on for 20 seconds and then pump 2 comes in which is controlled by ecm,you may well have fuel pressure issues with them both running constantly. i am pretty sure the overlay will fix it either from the fuse or ecm wire to relay is faulty, lets see if this fixes it and then we can go from there as to the repair.
Ill check it out for sure & get back to you. Do you know why they dont have both pumps running at the same time? Why do they use the driver side to turn on for only 20 sec or so? Thanks again for all your help I truly appreciate it.

Last edited by VIPERRACING; 05-22-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
subscibed

Old 03-24-2016, 06:53 AM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PMS
here is the wiring diagram

Hi peter long time no chat.

Does anybody have a clear version of this diagram , I seem to have the same issue as listed here. I may try an overlay.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:16 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by REDNOSEGT
Hi peter long time no chat.

Does anybody have a clear version of this diagram , I seem to have the same issue as listed here. I may try an overlay.
Hi Rob: Hopefully this hi-res pic is easier to read. double click on the pic to enlarge it. Let me know if you need anything else. Are you back in the GTA?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fuel pump.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	443685  

Last edited by PMS; 03-24-2016 at 09:52 AM. Reason: instructions
Old 03-24-2016, 05:20 PM
Thanks peter, I just fired up my old workshop manual found the cd, not back in gta yet, hopefully soon!

Not sure why this code popped up all of a sudden, seems like I always have the worst ones pop up!

Old 03-25-2016, 11:52 AM

Hi mate! Could you let me know where I should do the overlay, I am going to attempt to do it, I have this diagram scanned it, just not sure where to jump for the over lay

Old 04-23-2016, 01:52 PM
my car threw the p0203 malfunction in relay, but it ran did not stall out.

I ended up doing an overlaywire from the ecm to the relay,
pin number 65 X00460 on ecm-bank 1 .035 GU [green with blue strip] was bad, ran the new wire to the back of the relay, ran it thru the interior.

This is the 2nd time I had to do an over lay first time for the o2 sensor on the same ECM bank 1.

This over lay stuff is a pain in the ***.

Last edited by REDNOSEGT; 04-23-2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Lotsofproblems is an unknown quantity at this point
if you take the two micro relays out in the trunk ,use a jump wire and go from one of the larger terminals to the other.don't jump the smaller terminals.you should here a buzz from the trunk carpet area.
I have a problem with 2010 flying spur speed. It stalls after 20seconds. I pulled relay for pump a and car runs fine but I get fuel pump shop message on dash. No fuel related codes before I removed relay?