Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

To be a Mulliner or not to be a Mulliner ....that is the question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 12:54 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
To be a Mulliner or not to be a Mulliner ....that is the question

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis Nobler on the wallet to suffer.
The false advertising and Lies of outrageous Dealers.

Back to reality.........................

How can you really tell if a GT is a True Mulliner or just being sold as one. Is there a definitive list of options or any other easily distinguishable features to a pure novice like my self

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 05-12-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:41 AM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
Thats the good old UK dealers for you!

A true Mulliner here will have the Aluminum drilled pedals, a Round gear shifter with Knurling round the top, and the seats and doors will have cross stitching. It is obvious, and you will be able to tell as soon as you see it. There are also Mulliner spec wheels but these could have been changed easily.

IMO it is a nice option to have purely for the stitching. The standard seats look really plain otherwise.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Keith.

Last edited by ksbenz; 05-12-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:04 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ksbenz
Thats the good old UK dealers for you!

A true Mulliner here will have the Aluminum drilled pedals, a Round gear shifter with Knurling round the top, and the seats and doors will have cross stitching. It iis the obvious, and you will be able to tell as soon as you see it.

IMO it is a nice option to have purely for the stitching. The standard seats look really plain otherwise.

Hope this helps.

Keith.
Yes , it does greatly , thanks.
I've been guilty in the past of buying the first car that I have looked at. I want to do some more homework this time and get it just right, that's why I'm in no rush.

I cant say the MPG really worries me but can they be driven to reach 20 mpg or more on the freeway with care? We don't have many freeways/motorways past Glasgow so it doesn't really matter too much . it would be a " nice to know" figure.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:16 AM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
On a freeway run of a couple hundred miles I have got 15.7 mpg (US gals). That should put you near 20 mpg imperial.

I average around 12-13 on my current Speed. On previous year models I averaged 9-11 mpg. It is a car that will drink it when pushed, and it does make you want to drive quickly.

Coincidentally my friend also lives in Glasgow!!

Keith.

Last edited by ksbenz; 05-12-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by ksbenz
On a freeway run of a couple hundred miles I have got 15.7 mpg (US gals). That should put you near 20 mpg imperial.

I average around 12-13 on my current Speed. On previous year models I averaged 9-11 mpg. It is a car that will drink it when pushed, and it does make you want to drive quickly.

Coincidentally my friend also lives in Glasgow!!

Keith.
What caused the difference in the last years model economy and the one you have now Keith?
Do you drive most of the time " With Spirit" or was those figures ffor easy driving?
I tend to be a steady driver most of the time, but as with most people into cars I do like some fun as well.

I don't mind you passing on my e-mail address to your friend: enquiries@sunnysidebb.co.uk . It would be good to chat or meet another prospective GT owner especially in this area.

Thanks,
Frank

Old 05-12-2013, 11:59 AM
I don't know if they changed anything on later models but I seem to get better mileage on this model and it has more power than previous models. Go figure!

I do not drive it with economy in mind but I am not hard on the gas or brakes, guess that is the UK training where we are taught to anticipate more, although I did get busted for street racing in the GT in my Avatar when I had it!!

I will pass your details on, thanks.

Keith.