Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Power boot latch closed with bootlid in opening position. How to fix?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 12:57 PM
bentley toy will become famous soon enough
I have a different lid issue. Seems to work up and down fine BUT I noticed that the passenger side of the lid was raised. I can push down on it and then it is flush with the quarter. But an up and down cycle repeats the slight Ajar issue. It looks like the the motor is on that side and although I have no manual that shows the hinge and motor diagram I assume the hinge has a shaft the engages the motor. Is it spline d or does it have locking set screws? Is it adjustable in any way or do we have a worn part issue? Thanks T.

Last edited by bentley toy; 09-09-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:19 AM
GAMBLER24-7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it possible to clean the terminals on the old switch, rather than butcher the boot for the new more bilky switch. surely the terminals can be re-worked/cleaned

Old 03-31-2024, 05:50 PM
Fishauto32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Daddy C.
Happy, Happy, Happy !

Ran VCDS diagnostics : no related faults.
Dismantled the bootlid, tried to get it unstuck by handling the manual release cable: no good, latch stayed freezed.
Then got the latch mechanism unplugged as dealer suggested and away from car. Fiddled about with it and latch-hook seemed free moving. Maybe the unplugging has made it free???
Oiled it with WD40, got it back in place.
As a precaution I emptied the trunk ( spare, jack,....) and pushed the button.
Eureka !! Done that 3 times. Hope that the latch remains in working order. It bothers me that I could not find the exact origin of the problem, hence was not able to prevent future occurence by mending or replacing, taking away the cause of the malfunction. I can't imagine how to get in the trunk if latch won't open as the manual release cable had no effect.
From Googling i'd say the other cars in the VW/Audi group are more familiar with the problem. But most of them can fold the backseats to reach the latch from the inside.
No one here had similar latch-problems?
christian

HI, I had the same exact problem and I unplugged the latch mechanism and all is good now. Fingers Crossed
Andrew