Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Secondary Cat removal

Old 08-18-2013, 07:41 PM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by smgco
I had the secondary cats removed yesterday and 3 inch " test " pipes welded in. It sounds great ( same type/style sound as with the cats but slightly louder ) and the increase in power is VERY noticeable. The seat of the pants feel is that David's claim is correct. All it needs now is a tune.

Daddy, I think the difference in Bentleys power rating you referred to has to do with the different factory tune and or different size of the turbos between the GT and a Speed.

did you x it?

When did the x first I got power, but it got more silent.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:02 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm... I hate being one of those 'on the fence' guys.... yet the changes do sound like a H-U-G-E smile

Keep the posts coming to tease guys like me

Old 08-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed

Old 08-20-2013, 08:50 AM
smgco is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by REDNOSEGT
did you x it?

When did the x first I got power, but it got more silent.
No. My car ( 2013 Speed ) has a factory installed crossover/H pipe just downstream from the secondary cats. A quick removal of the secondary cats and a quick weld in of 3 inch test pipe was all it took. Sounds and runs great.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:02 AM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by smgco
No. My car ( 2013 Speed ) has a factory installed crossover/H pipe just downstream from the secondary cats. A quick removal of the secondary cats and a quick weld in of 3 inch test pipe was all it took. Sounds and runs great.

mufflers next

Old 08-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Did the 08 Speeds get different/larger Turbos over the original GT?

Without changing out turbos what is the realistic power gains that can be achieved with a tune and IC's on the 08 speed. Any one?
thanks
Frank

Old 08-20-2013, 06:53 PM
smgco is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by REDNOSEGT
mufflers next
Lol !
No i'm not going to change the rear mufflers. It sounds great and for me its loud enough. Also, depending on the engine speed it has great and distinct " bellowing " sound often times during deceleration. Do you or anybody know what that bellowing sound is ? Turbos ? Waste gates ?

Old 09-14-2015, 06:22 PM
spsinha is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I doubt you will have to much noise after a straight pipe job. I purchased the Fabspeed H pipe, tune and resonator tail section and the cars sounds like it should have from the factory. These cars are difficult to get sound out of. If there is a negative to the job it might be a little droning round 1300rpm. With the stock system this was the only time the car even sounded decent.

Do you have a video? Did you do the rear mufflers too?

Old 09-20-2015, 06:56 PM
cdavis43 is on a distinguished road
Just ordered fabspeed x pipe can't wait to put it on.

Cliff

Old 09-21-2015, 06:55 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cdavis43
Just ordered fabspeed x pipe can't wait to put it on.

Cliff
LMK what you think of it.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:30 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed, the cat kills the cars!