Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Side View Mirror Puddle Lamp Bulb Replacement (pictures)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 12:42 PM
pupdogg will become famous soon enoughpupdogg will become famous soon enough
Bentley Side View Mirror Puddle Lamp Bulb Replacement (pictures)

Hi folks! Thought I'd share pictures of my replacement process so it might help another user in the future. I personally did not find any visual material as reference before going into it. However, the overall process was very simple. Turn both of the mirrors all the way IN and UP. Then gently pry the right mirror glass with your hands (use thin latex gloves) from the bottom right side of the mirror. Do the same with the left mirror glass expect pry from the the bottom left corner. Hope this helps. Cheers!

I used 2 of these bulbs: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Mercedes-C-...2q.htm&click=8

Attached Images      

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 06-13-2021 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Edit Title, NOT "Turn Signal Bulb", Is a Puddle Lamp Replacement.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:18 PM
BentleyF will become famous soon enough
thx but I could not open pictures

Old 09-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Sorry @BentleyF, I went ahead and fixed the issue by uploading pix to photobucket. Hope it helps!

Old 09-18-2013, 03:05 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by pupdogg
Hi folks! Thought I'd share pictures of my replacement process so it might help another user in the future. I personally did not find any visual material as reference before going into it. However, the overall process was very simple. Turn both of the mirrors all the way IN and UP. Then gently pry the right mirror glass with your hands (use thin latex gloves) from the bottom right side of the mirror. Do the same with the left mirror glass expect pry from the the bottom left corner. Hope this helps. Cheers!

thanks for the information.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:18 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, looks like a fun project and those pics greatly help!

Old 10-27-2013, 08:05 AM
67427 will become famous soon enough
Mirror light.

Originally Posted by pupdogg

Late question, are you satisfied with the LED you used? Just asking before I do it, and thanks for a great set of pictures!

Old 10-28-2013, 10:53 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Great

Old 10-31-2013, 12:12 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Like an idiot i thought this was for my 13 - bought these bulbs and shiped them ot - sigh.... i have no patience

Old 11-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by 67427
Late question, are you satisfied with the LED you used? Just asking before I do it, and thanks for a great set of pictures!
I got the same LEDs and followed the suggestions, it works like a charm!

Old 09-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Update: 1 year later, those bulbs still work like a charm!

Old 10-19-2014, 03:23 AM
bentleyw12 is on a distinguished road
Excellent write up and pics many thanks

Old 11-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Apex_t is on a distinguished road
bulbs

What led bulb did u use? The link to the bulb is out of date. Also is there only 1 bulb in each mirror? If there is only 1 bulb do you lose the amber color when you change lanes? You also said you 1st have to turn the mirror, do you do it manually or electrically? I'm in the process of changing the side mirrors, license plate bulbs and the small amber bulb in the headlight. I want that white xenon clean look. The bulbs I chose for the license plate are the 5W CREE Q5 XP-E High Power Error Free from www.ijdmtoy.Com

Thanks for your help

Old 05-31-2018, 09:16 AM
edinp is on a distinguished road
Thanks for this thread. Question: does changing this bulb to LED affect the amber color of the turn signal ? Thanks

Old 06-01-2018, 12:09 PM
In my case the light is white. Although, I believe that you can order it in different colors and intensities.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:58 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by edinp
Thanks for this thread. Question: does changing this bulb to LED affect the amber color of the turn signal ? Thanks
I believe what everyone here is missing is the fact that PUPDOGG states that he is changing the "turn signal bulb" in the side mirror, when in-fact it is not the "turn signal bulb" at all, what he changed out was the puddle light from incandescent to LED.
The turn signal in the side mirror consist of 7 LED's as pictured.

EDIT:
I changed the description in the thread title from "Turn Signal Bulb" to "Puddle Lamp" to clear up any confusion as to which bulbs infact were changed out.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 06-13-2021 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Thread title changed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Side View Mirror Puddle Lamp Bulb Replacement (pictures)