Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

TPMS Light- turn off?

Old 05-06-2017, 11:58 AM
ret09gt is on a distinguished road
It may be that the speed and pressure logic is connected to the fault log. For high speed the tire pressure is higher. If you have pressure set to street pressure and then travel at high speed that may be why you get the error. Just guessing

Old 05-06-2017, 12:50 PM
Kes
Kes is an unknown quantity at this point
It really could be, should i try to learn tyre pressure at higher speeds when tyres are warmer.

Old 10-31-2019, 05:26 PM
yanacha is on a distinguished road
hello friends, how do you do for disabled with a 2008 model.

Old 11-01-2019, 02:53 AM
Kes
Kes is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by yanacha
hello friends, how do you do for disabled with a 2008 model.
Hi, you can turn off but you still going to have light and beep on start that system is off. Completely turn it off you need professional to take it out from your car ecu.

Old 11-01-2019, 04:36 AM
yanacha is on a distinguished road
Is the process different between 2005 and 2008 ?

Old 11-01-2019, 05:14 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Greetings Yanacha,

Hope you are well!

The TPMS design in the first series Continentals is very poor especially by today's standards. Trying to keep it active and without faults is difficult especially as the first series ages more and more. For peace of mind and to keep yourself from endlessly chasing defective TPMS modules, and wheel sensors, taking the module offline is what some of us do, but remember, in many countries now, TPMS is a government mandated safety system. This might impact you when you sell someday, but for now:

Disconnecting TPMS so the Can-Bus no longer sees it and registers a fault (fault light on) is rather simple and can be done if you have either the Ross-Tech or the V202. I have both of these controllers but have not tried to recode the TPMS module with the V202, so I'll share the Ross-tech way. It is also best explained in post #20 herein which is a pretty old post. And one note here - The ECU does not control nor is its function to manage TPMS in any way. TPMS is a module along the Can-Bus network and is managed by the infotainment side of the CanBus architecture.

First remove the fuse to the TPMS module it is located in the trunk/boot and should be fuse #11 (check yours just to make sure)

Next it is important to recode the the CAN-BUS so the the TPMS module doesn't appear in its list to crosscheck upon startup. You can do that in Ross tech at address 19. Once at address 19, use the coding radio button to replace the existing code with 0000006. Here is what that window will look like in Ross Tech:

Note above - Coding #: 0000006. This code (6 with seven digits) ensures the Can-Bus will not look for this module.

Once you've taken these two steps, TPMS will no longer be active and no longer register as an error. Also, the TPMS address will no longer appear in a scan as the power has been removed from the module. This will not change as long as the fuse stays removed.

If you look in the infotainment center it will just show a message TPMS not available, but NO dash light. Also, keep in mind, you are now responsible to ensure the tires are always kept to the proper inflation as the system will no longer warn you of a low pressure.

Last edited by BWings; 11-01-2019 at 05:29 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:39 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Yanacha,

Thought I would add this illustration for clarity where the TPMS module sits in the CanBus Architecture.

Infortainment side and TPM is a dead end on the bus, NOT a pass through module and is why pulling it off the bus is not that difficult.

Old 07-03-2020, 08:05 AM
tess1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
HI

I am a new GT owner with the same TPMS fault, did yiu resolve the fault?

Old 06-13-2022, 04:07 PM
flyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud of
Ok I followed the directions using the Ross Tech HEX-V2.

All warnings clear until I restart the car.

The info screen warning does not reappear but it still gives me the TPMS warning light in the speedo.

Any ideas on getting rid of that?

Thanks!

FYI 2007 GT

Last edited by flyc2c; 06-13-2022 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by flyc2c
Ok I followed the directions using the Ross Tech HEX-V2.

All warnings clear until I restart the car.

The info screen warning does not reappear but it still gives me the TPMS warning light in the speedo.

Any ideas on getting rid of that?

Thanks!

FYI 2007 GT
Hi c2c,

Did you do this part?

First remove the fuse to the TPMS module it is located in the trunk/boot and should be fuse #11

Best,

Old 06-14-2022, 05:18 AM
flyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud offlyc2c has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BWings
Hi c2c,

Did you do this part?

First remove the fuse to the TPMS module it is located in the trunk/boot and should be fuse #11

Best,
Yup. Followed directions exactly.

Did it twice. I have the HEXV2 with the latest VCDS.

It killed the warning on the center info screen. No longer shows on the canbus. On start up the wing fault and the tpms lights in the speedo light up. The wing goes out but the tpms stays on.

Old 06-15-2022, 09:58 AM
I pulled the fuse 11. Started the car. Connected the HEX-V2 and opened VCDS. Clicked 19-CAN. re-entered the number 000006. Selected "Do-it!"

The warning on the info screen disappears, the tire exclamation point of the speedo disappears.

The next time I start the car, the spoiler light and the tire exclamation point return on the speedo. The spoiler light goes out but the tire exclamation remain.

I re-open VCDS. Check fault codes. One says:

01325-Control Module for Tire Pressure Monitoring (J502)
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Old 06-16-2022, 04:05 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
I pulled the fuse 11. Started the car. Connected the HEX-V2 and opened VCDS. Clicked 19-CAN. re-entered the number 000006. Selected "Do-it!"

The warning on the info screen disappears, the tire exclamation point of the speedo disappears.

The next time I start the car, the spoiler light and the tire exclamation point return on the speedo. The spoiler light goes out but the tire exclamation remain.

I re-open VCDS. Check fault codes. One says:

01325-Control Module for Tire Pressure Monitoring (J502)
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Hello,

When I did mine we did not start the car,, key in the accessory mode. Try that.

Old 06-16-2022, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
Hello,

When I did mine we did not start the car,, key in the accessory mode. Try that.
I'll try that today!

Old 07-03-2022, 07:24 PM
H-M3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll try that today!
any joy?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPMS Light- turn off?