Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

05 Bentley RSAP phone question

Old 04-01-2014, 05:39 PM
rojolo is on a distinguished road
05 Bentley RSAP phone question

Greetings.

Yes, this is my first post.

I just purchased a low mileage 05 Continental GT and have a phone question.

As I understand, Bentley uses RSAP during this model year (new to me). Well, I jailbroke an old iphone and installed RSAP software, but the car is giving me message on the big screen "telephone not available" and on the little screen "telephone temporarily not available".

I'm not sure what to do to correct this as I do not have a detailed owners manual and searching google has been futile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:56 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Pardon me but what is RSAP ?

Old 04-02-2014, 03:40 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
even with RSAP fitted to the iPhone you will have an issue,there was only a few phones that it paired with originally and you can find out what version you need by going to bentleymotors.com and looking under ownership,look under bluetooth and input your VIN,it may be too old for them to tell you but may help.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Thanks

rSAP stands for remote sim access profile which allows the car to "magically" communicate with the sim for making phone calls.

I did try the Bentley site with the vin, however it is too old.

Does anyone know if any rSAP enabled Bentley phone would work? Just curious.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:36 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Alas, the 2005 system is very old and far too outdated. I think it MIGHT work with a VERY old Nokia phone or two and that might be about it. You can insert a SIM card into the driver's armrest as a work-around. Bentley uprated the phone system in the 2006 models and this works with many RSAP phones, yet they have a newer unit that surpasses the 2006 variant. I recall it being about $2000+ installation for that version and this is what you may need. The newest unit works with many Apple devices.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Where exactly would I place the sim card? - this seems like the way to go.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:47 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Just checked the Bentley site and seems the 2005 unit is a weird bird of sorts. They do not show that the 2005 can be upgraded, so having never seen a 2005 am guessing that the driver's side armrest does not have an electronic unit inside. If it did, there is a small section towards the rear of the car where you can open that and install a SIM card. Pic here is from a 2010 model and have circled where the SIM card can go when you flip up the small cover circled in red.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	82.jpg
Views:	4069
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	354298  
Old 04-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the picture.

The drivers side does have the phone cradle with electronic contacts. The passenger side has the privacy handset. I will take a closer look later tonight to see where the sim card can go.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:57 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
My 05 uses the Nokia 3120b and it still works. However, it belongs in a cellphone museum and I never use it. I just bought a BlueAnt S3 and attached it to my visor. Quick, inexpensive and fully functional with the latest zoomy phones.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:55 AM
The BlueAnt is cool and cheap! - definitely going to get one.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Little off topic but it its phone related. I found out to day that Otter Box does not make cases for my two year old Droid Razor Max any more. Two years and it's an outdated phone?????

Now here is the car part and how do I know this? I put my phone on the rag top and left the house only to recall that i did not have it when I arrived at the office. Then I realized of course it was NOT still on the roof. Ya think! I went back and found some of the Otter Box in the middle of the road but no phone. My daughter called me three hours later and said she had picked it up on the side of the road a quarter of a mile from where I found the partial case. It still works perfectly. See Bentley and old phone related.

I have not even tried to get a phone to sync with my 07.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 04-02-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Update:

Just purchased a Nokia 7250i (eBay of course) which fits like a glove in the holder in the driver's armrest. The car recognizes it so the next step it to get a new sim card.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:32 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rojolo
Update:

Just purchased a Nokia 7250i (eBay of course) which fits like a glove in the holder in the driver's armrest. The car recognizes it so the next step it to get a new sim card.

For this solution, you need two phone plans unless you plan to use Nokia 7250i as your primary phone?

I'm just curious.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Correct.

I will have my iPhone as my primary with the nokia as a back-up. That damn iphone dies so quickly.

In the end it isn't necessary but it is fun.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by rojolo
Correct.

I will have my iPhone as my primary with the nokia as a back-up. That damn iphone dies so quickly.

In the end it isn't necessary but it is fun.
Ok thanks.

I will try to see if I can pair my Android with this system. Will update if it works.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 05 Bentley RSAP phone question