Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bumper cracks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 07:32 AM
50redlands is on a distinguished road
Bumper cracks

I purchased a FS 2006, had 26k miles on it, I noticed that on each lower corner of what I guess is the splitter cracks, I have tried to have them repaired, but they just open up again.

Last night I was washing the car noticed another one on the rear bumper, has anyone else had any problems.

Any recommendations for repair.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Tjfls4 is on a distinguished road
Mine is doing this on the front bumper in the corners just in front of the front tire. The left is broken and completely separated. The right front you can see the crack forming from behind.

Why is this happening?
Anyone have good luck repairing it?

Old 02-17-2015, 09:54 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I have one cracked on the rear right bumper below the exhaust pipe. Never knew how it occurred?

Old 02-18-2015, 01:41 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Crack in the very center of the lower front bumper just below the middle grill. Hmmm...

Old 02-18-2015, 07:26 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I thought about pricing a new one but after seeing the prices of the three little chrome grill inserts I figured it would be awful for the rear lower bumper. I might can live with mine as is>

Old 02-18-2015, 07:48 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Many times, mechanics are not sufficiently careful when removing/replacing the belly pan (which attaches to the bumper). This puts torque on the bumper causing cracking. I had a crack in the lower belly of the front bumper. After repairing it unsuccessfully once, we reinforced the entire inside of the bumper with fiberglass and the repair has held for about 10 months. The bumper is NOT fiberglass, it is plastic.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:09 AM
larryr has a spectacular aura aboutlarryr has a spectacular aura about
i also had a bumper crack(self inflicted) repaired with fiberglass ands far,about 6 months, all is well

Old 02-21-2015, 03:39 PM
Tjfls4 is on a distinguished road
called the dealer the other day... a replacement bumper is $5K plus paint and install... WTF its a plastic bumper. That doesnt include the grills or anything.

Old 02-21-2015, 06:04 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Good condition used bumpers are regularly available on eBay for far less, then re-spray and enjoy

Old 02-22-2015, 07:18 AM
bentley of north brook(IL) discounts parts. ask for Will, he is very knowledgable

Old 02-22-2015, 01:03 PM
50 redlands i just noticed you are in miami. vette smith repaired my bumper. they are located near dixie hwy and sw 186 street ask for craig

Old 02-23-2015, 07:04 AM
How do you repair broken plastic?

Old 02-23-2015, 07:11 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Bit of plastic surgery no doubt.
Actually, there is a process for welding plastic. Honest!.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:45 AM
dr d, i dont know how they did it. they primarily work on corvettes so they are familiar with fiberglass( and owners who are very picky)

Old 02-23-2015, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by larryr
dr d, i dont know how they did it. they primarily work on corvettes so they are familiar with fiberglass( and owners who are very picky)
Fiberglass and plastic probably can't be repaired the same. I think XfSF is correct that plastic can not be repaired.