Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Been Offered To Be The Pace Car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 01:38 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Been Offered To Be The Pace Car...

SCCA racing has asked me to be the pace car for their upcoming races. This would be about 10 races around NHMS, which is a known hard braking tight 'n' twisty track. As the 07 GTC does not have Carbon brake rotors, has anyone tracked their GT/GTC with non-Carbon brakes? Am a retired class winning Championship Formula driver and know about how to prep the car, yet frankly am not sure I have full faith in the brake system on such a tight track.

Does anyone have experience as my intuition says don't do it as NHMS has some tough sections and harsh tarmac transitions.... especially T3/T4 and T9/T10. Front underbody and arms/bushing would also suffer greatly too

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	nhis.gif
Views:	36
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	400704  

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 09-03-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
PACE CAR not race car. Don't be a little puzzy. Really how fast do you have to pace the field? I would ask to get a ride in another car at pace speed and then give yours a try on an off day and see if there its any real strain on the system. Darn i wish i was as well known and as important as you are.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:59 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
ROFL Dr. Am not important at all. If we deeply soul-search, we know we are all easily replaceable.

And yes, it will strain the car quite a bit as this aint, well, how shall we say this... NASCRAP/WWE-style circle jerk stuff. We race rain or shine

The more I think about it, the more I feel being the pace car is a very bad idea. Was hoping someone here had some experience, but without good data... Even if the brakes are good enough, the suspension will be beaten up on the harsh transitions as NHMS leaves much to be desired. Already changed out one upper-front this year

USA tracks (in general) are horribly bumpy compared to their European counterparts. If this was WGI or Pocono (road course) would probably do it, yet NHMS is really a very brutal gal.

Oh, wait, did you say important or impotent?

Old 09-04-2014, 07:22 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
ImpoRtant. I've seen that hottie wife eye candy you have so you is potent.

Sounds like they run a dirt track.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I've seen that hottie wife eye candy you have so you is potent.

Oh my!

Sounds like they run a dirt track.

LOL! Actually it's far worse. The transitions are harsh and the turns are tight 'n' twisty. Great fun and a highly technical road course. That's what makes it soooo much fun and why I want to... but then sanity kicks in and says don't do it.

Damn you sanity, damn you to heck!!!

Old 09-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Oh my!

LOL! Actually it's far worse. The transitions are harsh and the turns are tight 'n' twisty. Great fun and a highly technical road course. That's what makes it soooo much fun and why I want to... but then sanity kicks in and says don't do it.

Damn you sanity, damn you to heck!!!
I am still waiting fore my sanity to kick in. Honestly thought there is no justification for just tearing up a nice automobile. Smart man with trophy wife. Oh my indeedI

Old 09-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Ahhh, the smell of burning race gas in the morning. It smells like... victory.

Name:	20140906_100854.jpg
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	401263   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140906_101251_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	401264   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140906_101856_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	401265   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140906_101922.jpg
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	401266   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140906_102558_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Views:	34
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	401267  

Old 09-08-2014, 09:27 AM
More...

Name:	20140906_103822_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Views:	27
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	401268   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140906_104314_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Views:	31
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	401269   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140906_104322_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Views:	35