Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Goodbye, Supersports, hello Speed

Old 10-05-2014, 07:54 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Goodbye, Supersports, hello Speed

Traded in my beloved Supersports last week and got this:

Deal was too good to pass up.

Now I need to find a reputable shop that can wrap all the chrome in black. Hate the bling!

Old 10-06-2014, 12:20 PM
V12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura about
Looks great, congratulations.

Looks very similar to my Thunder Speed, I added the CF Mulliner body kit and 15MY Speed badges, I never really liked the W12 badges.

Please post up some pictures of the wrapped chrome, I'm also thinking of doing this.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:02 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by V12Vantage
Looks great, congratulations.

Looks very similar to my Thunder Speed, I added the CF Mulliner body kit and 15MY Speed badges, I never really liked the W12 badges.

Please post up some pictures of the wrapped chrome, I'm also thinking of doing this.
You've read my mind...I am planning to get the Mulliner Classic pack in January as well. It makes the car look awesome. Did you get the wheels as well?

Thunder is a beautiful color. Pls post pics.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:17 PM
V12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura about
Not a great picture, but it shows the body kit. I have since added the 15MY Speed badges.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0303220002.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	430.3 KB
ID:	404190  
Old 10-06-2014, 03:32 PM
ek1
Looks awesome. I wish they killed the chrome altogether. The car would look so much better without it.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ek1
Looks awesome. I wish they killed the chrome altogether. The car would look so much better without it.
Nice ride. On some cars I like some chrome but I'm a Harley Davidson guy so that figures.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm a Harley guy too, but I like the flat black look.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by V12Vantage
I'm a Harley guy too, but I like the flat black look.
Did you not hear at HD black is the new chrome? I have learned to respect the different preferences in ride appearances. I have the new CVO Limited and the Fatbob and my brother said the Limited was over the top and much preferred the more simple Dyna.

PS The AM is my other dream car just don't own one----------------yet.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:30 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
Sorry for the thread bump. I'm considering a Supersports, did you just want a newer car or did you not like the SS? I'd be looking to have this as my daily driver, including in Chicago winters FWIW.

Thanks!

Old 08-29-2015, 01:23 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Townshend
Sorry for the thread bump. I'm considering a Supersports, did you just want a newer car or did you not like the SS? I'd be looking to have this as my daily driver, including in Chicago winters FWIW.

Thanks!
That question was going through my mind, I long for a Supersports instead of my Speed ? Why the swap?

Old 09-03-2015, 11:26 PM
Former Vendor
albert@velosdesignwerks is a jewel in the roughalbert@velosdesignwerks is a jewel in the roughalbert@velosdesignwerks is a jewel in the rough
Congrats!!! You most be enjoying it!!

If there anything you need for your new baby let me know be more than happy to assist you!

Old 09-08-2015, 07:46 PM
ek1
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
That question was going through my mind, I long for a Supersports instead of my Speed ? Why the swap?
My SS was a 2011 and the warranty was ending, so just keeping it would have cost $4K per year for the warranty. The Speed was a brand new 2014 car in the exact same exterior/interior color that my SS. With 20% off MSRP I could not resist, but I still miss the SS today, even after driving my Speed for almost a year. I was very frustrated that Bentley won't do another Supersports (at least not in the next 5 years). Looked at GT3-R, but it does not have rear seats, so it was a no go.

Old 09-09-2015, 01:18 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ek1
My SS was a 2011 and the warranty was ending, so just keeping it would have cost $4K per year for the warranty. The Speed was a brand new 2014 car in the exact same exterior/interior color that my SS. With 20% off MSRP I could not resist, but I still miss the SS today, even after driving my Speed for almost a year. I was very frustrated that Bentley won't do another Supersports (at least not in the next 5 years). Looked at GT3-R, but it does not have rear seats, so it was a no go.
Thanks for the answer.
What is it you miss about driving the SS?

Old 09-09-2015, 10:48 AM
ek1
As far as actual driving is concerned, I miss the suspension (the SS had a lower ride height and firmer suspension than the Speed). I miss the 6-speed transmission (longer gears and shorter shifts). I miss the carbon ceramic brakes (cant do track days anymore because standard brakes will cook after 2-3 laps). I miss 20" wheels because current 21" tires are $100 more per corner and get damaged more easily. The Speed is also slower and has less HP.

There are plenty of other non-driving things that I miss: the Alcantara interior, black chrome trim, deeply recessed gauges (current gauges are not deep enough so there is more glare). I miss the rotary **** in the entertainment system (touch screen sucks). I miss the seats (they were more comfortable than the current "Cobra" seats in my Speed. I miss the hood vents.

Basically I miss everything that made Supersports a Supersports

Old 09-09-2015, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by ek1
As far as actual driving is concerned, I miss the suspension (the SS had a lower ride height and firmer suspension than the Speed). I miss the 6-speed transmission (longer gears and shorter shifts). I miss the carbon ceramic brakes (cant do track days anymore because standard brakes will cook after 2-3 laps). I miss 20" wheels because current 21" tires are $100 more per corner and get damaged more easily. The Speed is also slower and has less HP.

There are plenty of other non-driving things that I miss: the Alcantara interior, black chrome trim, deeply recessed gauges (current gauges are not deep enough so there is more glare). I miss the rotary **** in the entertainment system (touch screen sucks). I miss the seats (they were more comfortable than the current "Cobra" seats in my Speed. I miss the hood vents.

Basically I miss everything that made Supersports a Supersports
Sounds like you should have kept it