Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Strongly considering a Bentley GTC V8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 01:15 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Since you're in upper NY AWD is probably a must. Perhaps a nice Mercedes as they are a 'known good' and pretty typical. Same with BMW yet Mercedes is a bit more refined in the 'maturity' department. It can be a challenge in your position and a delicate balance may be best. I've experienced first-hand from being in a (basically) similar situation so I went lower-end car yet had the working talent that was (humbly said) higher. The lower end car and acceptable clothes allowed my talents to not be overshadowed by material things that could cause a.... situation.

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

PS: Test drive the new Jag hardtop.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
Good advice on the car. Do you think an R8 would be too conspicuous as well?

Sigh. I guess I'll just have to get a summer car / garage queen to live out my fantasies until then.
I think the R8 is a very conspicuous car. When Tony Stark drives up in one in the movies it is supposed to be that way.

Do you want to blend in and be liked? I hate living by the judgment of others but that may be truth.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:19 AM
2tall4economy is on a distinguished road
For those interested with the end of the story, I went with an S class coupe 550 4MATIC. Black with saddle leather interior, because when it comes to Mercedes S class you can get any color you want as long as it's black, black, black, black, red tinted black, blue tinted black, black, black or silver.

Beautiful car though.

I pick it up tomorrow. I flirted with an S8 which would probably be more anonymous but the only ones for sale now are the 520hp versions; the 605hp version comes out soon for the same price but i need the car now, so that would have been a terrible financial decision... and I like the look of the S class better anyway.

I actually spent more than a used Bentley would have cost (since there is no such thing as a used S class coupe as of yet), yet this seems to be significantly lower profile.

I'm a car lover and could care less what others think (unless they are fellow car lovers) but it certainly seems like the reverse isn't true. Anyway, it's for me, not for them.

But point on message being sent is well taken.

Old 12-08-2015, 06:29 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent choice! All the latest technology too

Old 12-08-2015, 09:53 AM
mewyn will become famous soon enoughmewyn will become famous soon enough
35000 miles

Hi: My 2007 GTC had 5000 miles when I got it in early 2008. Now has about 40000 miles. Just put new michelins on it and they ride much better than the Pirelli s that were original equipment and are much more quiet. I basically use it in Florida in the winter. As I am retired, I only have to listen to my wife and she gave up telling me it is obscene. I haven't had any real trouble with the car, but it is no TOYOTA.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
For those interested with the end of the story, I went with an S class coupe 550 4MATIC. Black with saddle leather interior, because when it comes to Mercedes S class you can get any color you want as long as it's black, black, black, black, red tinted black, blue tinted black, black, black or silver.

Beautiful car though.

I pick it up tomorrow. I flirted with an S8 which would probably be more anonymous but the only ones for sale now are the 520hp versions; the 605hp version comes out soon for the same price but i need the car now, so that would have been a terrible financial decision... and I like the look of the S class better anyway.

I actually spent more than a used Bentley would have cost (since there is no such thing as a used S class coupe as of yet), yet this seems to be significantly lower profile.

I'm a car lover and could care less what others think (unless they are fellow car lovers) but it certainly seems like the reverse isn't true. Anyway, it's for me, not for them.

But point on message being sent is well taken.
Good choice overall. Nice car without being in the face of the new crowd. Later on that is another story.