Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

How do I disassemble the key fob

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 09:58 AM
Zaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond repute
How do I disassemble the key fob

I can get as far as the picture below:

but I need to replace the key and cannot figure out how to remove the 2nd metal siding?

Cheers,

Old 11-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Bentley Tech NC has a spectacular aura aboutBentley Tech NC has a spectacular aura aboutBentley Tech NC has a spectacular aura about
Hold key at 12 and 6 O clock, open folding key to 9 O clock. use very small punch to knock out roll pin,remove key and re install new key. Hope that helps.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:28 PM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
...hello ZaOs...I want to replace my key battery...I was afraid to pry off the metal side...I did see you did with screw driver lever...are you satisfied that is proper first step...the reason I ask is that a person here at Bentley has been prying the black cover off first by the little chrome ring using sharp little screw driver. He showed me scars on his hand from driver slipping....I like your method better...both ways work, but I'm sure there is proper way and that looks like the way you do it...correct...JimB

Old 04-21-2017, 10:51 PM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Zaos
I can get as far as the picture below:

but I need to replace the key and cannot figure out how to remove the 2nd metal siding?

Cheers,
Hello Zaos

Check out YouTube
replacing the key in the Bentley fob site:youtube.com I just happened to look at a couple lists. They have a lot of information on YouTube
Ron

Old 04-22-2017, 03:25 AM
....Hello Ron...I didn't mean to throw a curve ball here...only asking specifically about the first step....Zaos, who is some sort of Bentley Maven, has published complete key process from A to Z...how do you initially get into change battery...do you pry off the metal side or come in from top like I mentioned was used by S.F. Bentley...
....How bad is Rt-1 still closed off....can I get to Point Reyes by St. Francis Drake...JimB

Old 04-22-2017, 03:33 AM
....Ron...I'm still having difficulty posting pictures...could you please walk me through the process...I have an I-Mac...and have pictures stored in "photos"...I tried to follow directions PMS kindly provided but I get bogged down...started by clicking on little i-con (2 mountains, second from right) what pops up takes most of screen...what comes next. As you can see I have very limited computer skills...JimB

Old 04-22-2017, 04:08 PM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jim2331
....Ron...I'm still having difficulty posting pictures...could you please walk me through the process...I have an I-Mac...and have pictures stored in "photos"...I tried to follow directions PMS kindly provided but I get bogged down...started by clicking on little i-con (2 mountains, second from right) what pops up takes most of screen...what comes next. As you can see I have very limited computer skills...JimB
Hello Jim.
I too have not posted pictures. I have not attempted to so. May be another 6speeder will assist. I have not been to the Coast for awhile.
Ron

Old 04-24-2017, 04:18 AM
...Monday April 24, 2017...
...Just happened yesterday, light comes on saying Key Battery Low...when I got home, thought I had a supply of Vinnic CR2032 3 Volt, but did not. So I carefully opened and checked voltage on key. This battery is at least 3 years old, the voltage read 3.07, so I opened the Valet Key, it also read 3.07...I will order new batteries and see what new ones show...JimB