Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Gearbox vacuum hose update.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:25 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Gearbox vacuum hose update.

I have just had a word with my Indie as promised.

I asked him if the replacement vacuum hose assembly on top of the gearbox was updated or just like for like.
He told me that the new ones are updated but also added that he had just done a 2010 year GT with the same problem, although he was able to fix it without removing the engine and box.

So, there you go.

Les.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:16 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Thx Les for the info.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:26 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ExSF

I asked him if the replacement vacuum hose assembly on top of the gearbox was updated or just like for like.
He told me that the new ones are updated but also added that he had just done a 2010 year GT with the same problem, although he was able to fix it without removing the engine and box.

So, there you go.

Les.
How did your indie fix the vacuum hose on top of the gearbox without an engine-out?

Peter

Old 05-13-2015, 08:56 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
The leak on the 2010 was in a place that was accessible without removal. Lucky I guess. Maybe the later models are different in some way.

Les.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:29 AM
syavik is on a distinguished road
Any part numbers for lines that need replacement?

Old 10-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Hi.

Sorry, no.
It was done by the main dealers and they replaced one small 4" long rubber pipe.
Lots of money for a twopenny bit piece of rubber.

Les.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:23 AM
syavik is on a distinguished road
Thank you

Old 10-22-2015, 09:37 PM
Bentley Tech NC has a spectacular aura aboutBentley Tech NC has a spectacular aura aboutBentley Tech NC has a spectacular aura about

So, there you go.

Les.
Bentley redesigned the vacuum pipes in mid 2006 these are the plastic lines on bank 2 that go to the turbo charger solenoid valves, Bank 1 always had steel lines. So after mid 2006 there were no vacuum lines on top of the transmission. Witch vacuum line or hose did you mechanic change?

Old 10-25-2015, 06:35 AM
Hi Bentley tech NY.

He changed the ones arrowed in this picture.

Regards. Les.

Old 01-22-2023, 03:14 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
and this does not require engine ouf?

if yes - it is also for 2005 true?

Hi Bentley tech NY.

He changed the ones arrowed in this picture.

Regards. Les.

Old 01-22-2023, 07:15 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sazam
and this does not require engine ouf?

if yes - it is also for 2005 true?
​​​​​​Hello @sazam ,
There is some confusion in this thread, as ExSF mentions a 2010, the 2010 GT does not have any lines or solenoids over the transmission, nor do the 2006.5 and up..

The 2003 to 2006.5 GT's however do have the lines down the back of the engine and over the transmission with the solenoids mounted on top of the transmission, any 2003-2006.5 with a leak in this area 100% requires the removal of the engine transmission package to reach said lines, BUT, also be aware that there are other lines along the firewall that all GT's from 2003 to 2011 (1st GEN) have in common, and they fail also, as do the two connections at the rear of the intake manifold fittings, the difference between the 2003 to the 2006.5 and the late 2006 and up is, that the 2006.5 and up had the lines and the solenoids relocated to the back of the intake manifold area, just like the 2006 Flying Spur debuted with, the lines along the firewall are serviced by removing the steering rack to gain access to the area, others here have done this repair, Adrenaline junkie comes to mind, or others have done a rerouting of the lines of the firewall area by bypassing the bad section by running a new line from left to right under the subframe iirc, thus no removal of the steering rack required, the two fittings at the rear of the intake are easily accessible by removing the "B" cover, some rubber hose can fix the issues there.

Thankfully, by my installing the 2011 Supersports engine and transmission, I no longer have the lines over the transmission to worry about.

Johnny

.Pictures and video of my 2005 lines over the transmission, along with some firewall area pictures, and a few from Zaos' 05 engine out repair, and others.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 01-22-2023 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-22-2023, 08:05 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
Johnny - the "rerouting of lines" require the engine out (for the first time?)?

what is the whole procedure of whole rerouting?

Old 01-22-2023, 09:03 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sazam
Johnny - the "rerouting of lines" require the engine out (for the first time?)?

what is the whole procedure of whole rerouting?
@sazam ,
Rerouting of the lines at the firewall does not require the engine out procedure, and it is only for the rerouting of the smaller lines at the rack area, the larger lines in the rack area may still have leaks, both of the large and small line vacuum circuits are shown in my video posted in my previous comment.

I don't understand your "first time" question, first time of what ?

Don't confuse the rack area vacuum line circuits with the over the transmission vacuum line circuits, this rerouting / bypass has nothing to do with the lines over the transmission.

Being that you have a 2004, if you have vacuum leaks over the transmission, it is without a doubt an engine transmission package removal job, then while the engine transmission package is dropped, you repair all the lines at that time, even if the rack area is not leaking at that time.

See the rack area small line bypass in the link.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...head-pipe.html

Johnny

Old 01-22-2023, 11:33 AM
ok - there are 2 areas:

rack- can be done w/o engine removal, and this is what you call "reroute" etc

over transmission - requires engine removal

and one is true - no chance to apply any bypass or trick to solve the leaks over transm - it this happen - engine must go out.

and now is my "first time" hypothesis.

if the engine is out - why to not mod all this hoses to move them somewhere else / reroute to not have the problem of engine removal the next time smth will hapen to the hoses

Old 01-23-2023, 03:24 PM
Administrator
@sazam ,
Yes, there are two areas, but three segments of vacuum lines, the lines over the transmission definitely require engine/transmission removal, the small lines behind the steering rack can be done without engine removal, by either re-routing the small lines, or removing the rack and repairing/replacing the small lines with metal lines, BUT, as far as I know, no one has repaired/replaced with metal the large lines at their tees by way of removing the rack, and as there is no rerouting of the large lines and the stainless steel piping they connect to in the rack area, tight space to far into the middle, maybe @Adrenalinejunky can refresh my memory as to servicing the large lines by way of rack removal, although, he has not been active on 6Speed for just over two years.

When someone drops the engine on a 2003-2006.5 they replace all the plastic vacuum lines with homemade metal lines, all of them, the small ones, the large ones, and the ones down the back of the engine to over the transmission, therefore never having to worry about the lines again, but I agree with you, relocating everything on top of the transmission for these years would be best, because as the metal lines would be fine, you then have to worry about a failing solenoid/valve, there are four electrical items on top of the transmission, that would then again require a engine transmission removal to service, so again, I agree, all these items on top of the transmission should be placed in the area as the 2007 and up is done.

When someone drops the engine and transmission on a 2006.5 and newer, one replaces all the same small and large lines in the rack area with homemade metal lines, and all is good for good, as everything to do with these line is outside of the rack area, and the electronics that previously lived on top of the transmission in prior years, now reside behind the intake manifold under the "B" cover.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 01-23-2023 at 03:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gearbox vacuum hose update.