Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley 'Stole' My Idea For The GTC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 06:56 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Bentley 'Stole' My Idea For The GTC

Ok, not really my idea as I stole it from Rolls Royce, yet if you look at page 56 within the Bentley Magazine Summer 2015 / Issue 53 you'll see they added the wood panels and slats to the rear part of the convertible top bit. Alas, what Bentley shows in their photo does not look as good as my Photoshopped version (imho). See pics below that I posted in Feb 2015 here on 6Speed. Hope Bentley further refines this idea to more closely match what I did below.

PS: I didn't 'bookmatch' the wood bit from center out, yet of course you want to bookmatch as that is the proper thing to do. Plus they did five slats, too busy imho, go for three centered with the rear seating config as I did below (one centered with the rear seats, with the outers at the edge of the seats). More 'white space' as it were.

Attached Images   

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 07-24-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:37 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
a new career for you Steven!car designer....

Old 07-25-2015, 02:55 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I did stay at a Holiday Inn once

Actually, did get a nice long very private tour of Pininfarina, their private museum (F50 era) and another tour of the inner working of the Ferrari factory years ago just before the Enzo was released. Getting back to Pininfarnia, saw both final versions of the F50 body style, was quite interesting. Mr. Pininfarina took me out for an incredible dinner and the food/place was of course outstanding!

I do find it funny how Bentley is now copying Rolls Royce. Has Bentley simply run out of original ideas? Sadly, the upcoming SUV is a visual disgrace to the marque. Perhaps it is time for the VW Group to hire in some fresh new stylists with talented / original ideas. They could copy Ferrari and simply do a contest on car design / style and then steal from those designs / ideas. There are many ways to get free design work, such as give the contest winner an internship so you steal their idea, get them to work on it for very low pay (because, you now, they are honored to be a part of Bentley) all the while giving the kid ego strokes as a 'reward'.

Sheesh, do I have to do EVERYTHING for Bentley nowadays?

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 07-27-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Steven your a geniusand a dick. I think the wood on the back looks like over statement, cheesy and overdone. Oh i'm sorry isn't that the RR motto line?

Old 07-29-2015, 06:11 AM
Hmm Dr. D, you probably meant to say I'm a dick... and (sometime) have a half decent idea. Yeah, I can be a bit, well, strongheaded and bold at times. Just funny to see Bentley copying Rolls Royce to gauge reader response. Test marketing as it were. The upcoming release of the Rolls Royce Wraith convertible must surely be scaring them

Old 07-29-2015, 06:52 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Hmm Dr. D, you probably meant to say I'm a dick... and (sometime) have a half decent idea. Yeah, I can be a bit, well, strongheaded and bold at times. Just funny to see Bentley copying Rolls Royce to gauge reader response. Test marketing as it were. The upcoming release of the Rolls Royce Wraith convertible must surely be scaring them
Love ya mate you know that. The Wraith looks like a great car idea and bent a little more toward the luxury and away from the sporting ride. In some way I have always thought of the two car manufactures a cousins anyways with quite a bit of overlap in style, origin and customer base. I am not surprised to see similarities.