Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Incredible PITA for ipod install in an 05

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 10:03 AM
ajay is on a distinguished road
Incredible PITA for ipod install in an 05

Just picked up an 05 GT mulliner.

What a legendary pain in the *** it is to get Ipod into this car. Its truly shocking that nobody makes an easy kit to do this that i've found.

I have sprung so far for the DICE kit, the Audiovox duo kit and the NEO kit and every one of them is a total piece of junk. None of them are plug and play and my local shop is requesting $600 for a PAC audio / NAV TV solution.

Anybody got a better experience doing this?

Old 08-05-2015, 11:34 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Weird. It should be easy as one simply removes the 6 disc changer via normal tool ($8) and that takes two minutes. Then plug and play the Dice/Audiovox solution to what was the 6 disc changer Molex plug (30 second job). Then connect the other (included) cable from the Dice to your iPod and you're done. 10 minute job MAX... unless they are an incompetent facility.

What problems are you having?

PS: Another solution is for simple analog audio input such as this
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CK1WI2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CK1WI2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
for $40. Then you can throw away the low quality sound of Apple devices for something far better from Sony (NW-ZX2) or Astell&Kern (AK Jr, AK100II, AK120, AK240, AK380) or other far better music players that offer very good sound quality. Another added benefit of analog input is that you can use the equalizer of the portable music player of the Sony / Astell&Kern etc to better tune the sound of the Bentley's stock audio system.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 08-05-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:50 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
I fitted a Dice unit and yes, it's a breeze. I routed the cable from the rear of the glovebox under the trans tunnel so it comes out into the privacy phone arm rest. I removed the privacy phone and cradle then trimmed the gap with leather and put a 60GB I-pod in there.
The only thing you don't get I suppose is track info'. Personally, I just stick it on shuffle as there are nearly 2000 tunes on there.

Les.