Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Dice Mediabridge 1502-AVW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 05:46 AM
MikeH is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Dice Mediabridge 1502-AVW

Hi Guys

I’m having a hard time sourcing a Dice Mediabridge for my 06 Bentley GT. Having been passed around various suppliers I managed to speak with the main distributor in the UK who has told me that they have been discontinued for some time and there is very little chance of getting one here in the UK and has advised me to try sourcing one from the USA.

so, can anyone from USA recommend me a friendly car audio store who may have stock and be willing to ship to UK?

Thanks
Mike

Old 08-17-2015, 07:56 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Old 08-17-2015, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the link, the model it brings up is the "-nis" im presuming thats nissan? Is it the same connector as the avw model?

Old 08-17-2015, 08:14 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Sorry, don't know the answer. Just saw the link and thought it might be of interest to you.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:49 PM
deejer is on a distinguished road
I had same problem and gave up and bought the Dension Gateway from ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231556423005?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITHasnt been fitted yet but here's hoping it does the job.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:57 PM
Hi deejer

The dension could do the job for me as all i really want is bluetooth streaming from my phone and a usb port that i can plug a memory stick in. Does it connect via the cd changer harness like the dice or would it need professional installation?

Old 08-18-2015, 03:31 AM
I believe it does just replace the multi changer (and hope it does) ! I dont think it will sort my bluetooth phone problem so I will have to look for another solution to that.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:40 AM
Im not too bothered about the phone, I think the phone issue is that my iphone 6 doesnt support rSAP. I was considering trying out one of the new Samsung galaxys as I read on google that they support rSAP.

Please let me know how you get on with the dension when you have fitted it as im keen to get my music problem sorted.

Iv already ordered some radio keys they should be here tomorrow so I can get the cd changer out.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:18 PM
Just installed it and seems to work fine. Simple enough to do. Insert removal keys and Ali out cd changer, plug unit into existing cd loom and connect a -ve cable and its job done. I'm using Bluetooth so no iPhone connecting cable to route. Bluetooth connected first time. Only gripes are the iPhone sound quality is fine but will never be HiFi but that's an iPhone issue, sadly u can't control tracks etc from in car unit, you have to use iPhone screen but I can live with that given the price.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:45 PM
Hi Deejer

cheers for the update!

In the meantime i'v been doing some research and found that all of the Dice Mediabridge units are 1500's the number at the end denotes the harness cable which fits to the brand of car.

I have since found a company in USA "autotoys" who take the 1500 unit and they are making their own custom harness cable for the Bentley. its cost me over the odds but since I cant find a solution anywhere else iv ordered. Expecting to wait 8 days for the harness to be made up and then shipped from USA (total price $350.30 as shipping was over $55)

I had also ordered the radio removal keys from amazon which arrived today. I spent 10 minutes trying to remove the CD changer without any luck. Maybe I bought the wrong keys or just not sure how to use them?

The keys I bought are the VW/AUDI keys. I'v attached a photo of them and I will have another try once the DICE unit arrives.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4017.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	426494  

Last edited by MikeH; 08-20-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:22 AM
hi guys

just an update on the dice unit. the parcel tracking shows it should be delivered today took a while for autotoys to make up the cable and shipping almost 1 week too.

regarding the keys they are the correct keys. i was expecting them to lock into place so you pull the cd changer out via the keys but that was not the case.

i just had to insert them and just push firmly into place, then get under the dash and put your fingers through the vent holes and give the back of the cd changer a shove from behind and it will pop free.

just sat waiting for the parcel now will report back

Old 09-14-2015, 06:51 AM
Hi Guys

Iv got around to installing my media bridge today, I have connected it up to the CDC cable in the glove box but when I press the CD button on the head unit it says CD is not available.

Does anyone know what DIP settings need to be set for the Bentley GT?

I have also tried searching for the media bridge over blue tooth but it doesn’t find anything?

am i missing something? does it require some separate power ?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4095.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	382.4 KB
ID:	428216   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4096.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	428217   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4098.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	321.6 KB
ID:	428218   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4099.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	314.3 KB
ID:	428219   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4101.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	361.1 KB
ID:	428220  

Last edited by MikeH; 09-14-2015 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:33 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Alas, am not at home and think the MediaBridge is neatly packed as we're moving. The default DIP switch setting should be fine. You might want to download the MediaBridge (or whatever it is called) APP from the Apple store as this might help you customize the unit. Also, sometimes the unit does hiccup but this is very rare. Try unplugging the MediaBridge and re-plugging it back in might also be a solution.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:29 AM
Hi guys

finally cracked it, on the CDC side there was 1 single loose black wire going no where, and on the media bridge side had a black wire saying "must connect to GND" seems autotoys had forgotton to wire them into the connector so i wired them in my self and powered the unit up again and now its detecting in the car.

Still couldnt get my phone to pick it up on bluetooth but later discovered you need to power on the mediabridge then press track right twice within 5 seconds to enable bluetooth discovery mode.

The unit now does the job I wanted it for, although the user interface of the media bridge has a lot to be desired.

Bluetooth streaming audio is bit crappy has a funny echo played around with the DSP for a couple of minutes to no avail, switched to ipod cable and its nice and clear. at least I have a new toy to play with over the weekend.

Steven Iv seen your thread regarding disabling MAT on here some where so will have a go at configuring the unit better at the weekend.

all's well that ends well.

PS: DIP switch (Off - Off) - default settings work fine, thanks steven

Old 09-16-2015, 09:49 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeH
Steven Iv seen your thread regarding disabling MAT on here some where so will have a go at configuring the unit better at the weekend.

all's well that ends well.

PS: DIP switch (Off - Off) - default settings work fine, thanks steven

Always glad to help.

Yeah, it is not an 'ideal' solution to the very primitive Bentley system and that's why I went direct with the $40 PIE interface that hardwires the headphone output on the Sony NW-ZX2 (or Astell&Kern or Questyle Hi-Res Audio portable music player). The PIE is very basic and at
www.amazon.com/PIE-VW02-AUX-2002-up-Auxiliary-Converter/dp/B000CK5NJG www.amazon.com/PIE-VW02-AUX-2002-up-Auxiliary-Converter/dp/B000CK5NJG

I don't use an iPhone as their tech is too old and the sound quality too low for my requirements (sorry and all, yet true). DL'ing the Apple app for the Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge will then give you a MUCH EASIER way to make MAT and other changes to the unit. I believe the app is at

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audi...834465434?mt=8

Please use the APP as it saves you from the troubles of dealing with the primitive Bentley head unit to make setting changes to the Mediabridge.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 09-17-2015 at 03:49 AM.