Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

08-09 gt speed or 2012 base gt??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 09:30 AM
JoeRube is on a distinguished road
08-09 gt speed or 2012 base gt??

Hey guys,

All things being equal, what would be the better buy/value... A 2008-09 GT SPEED or a base 2012 GT? Difference in asking price is roughly 10k, but would current owners rather have the Speed or the new body style base 12 GT??

Thanks In advance.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:39 AM
cdavis43 is on a distinguished road
Rather have the 12. I had an 07. The 12 has all the updates. I have a 15 now. Very easy toto get more power if thats why uou want the Speed.

Cliff

Old 03-15-2016, 01:06 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Newer 2012 for the updated mechanicals / electricals. Visually, I like the original release.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:32 PM
Thanks fellas. I'll hold out a bit longer for the 12 ����

Old 03-25-2016, 07:27 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I have a '08 GT Speed and like the look of the old body style better. You have to decide what look you like better. They are all fantastic cars. Look hard and you can find one with very few miles and maybe even a CPO. Ours had 3000 miles and a CPO warranty.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	836.5 KB
ID:	443823  
Old 03-25-2016, 07:33 PM
Thank you Sir. There's an 08 Speed up where I live in Washington. It has 28k miles and
The dealership is asking $86,888 with a CPO included at retail asking price. Anybody have
Any thoughts on worries on the miles?? Also the price? Is 28k miles a bit much??

Old 03-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
We have had ours for a year and a half and only put about 3000 miles on it.
When I bought it it had 3000 miles on it and a 1 year warranty and I gave
$103,000. These cars are built to last but get a pre purchase inspection and you should be good. I just fell in love with the color of ours and still haven't see another that I would rather have. So I think this one is a keeper. And that is a good thing because it really gets expensive changing all the time. They really are fantastic cars and in a class of their own. Someone on the forum explained the difference. The difference between a Bentley and a Mercedes is about the same as the difference between a Mercedes and Chevy. I have two AMG Mercedes and think he hit it on the head.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:46 AM
Thanks again. The B up my way has 28k miles on it. Should I be concerned about the "higher" miles?

Old 03-26-2016, 07:26 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer reasonable 'higher' miles. Received both the GT and later the GTC with about 28k miles on them. Very reasonable miles plus any mechanical niggles should have been worked through.