Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Bentayga.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 12:51 PM
JimBT is on a distinguished road
Here in South Africa we get a 3 year Warranty/100,000kms and a 3 year Annual Service Plan on all new Bentleys.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
If I could afford it, I'd take it.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:49 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Interior +10, exterior -100 yuck

Old 05-30-2016, 08:46 AM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Yeah, we're sooooo f---ed. Am still driving it because selling it would be a major financial bloodshed. Bought her used yet sell now and take a 30% hit on depreciation after only a few years? Those Bentley salespeople are truly brilliant. Make them pay up front, have service be just costly enough to keep them hooked yet not leave, and keep the value depreciating so high as to trap buyers to not selling due to massive loss.

Must admit, there is utter brilliance in what Bentley is doing. Truly there is and I 'get it'. Still, we can at least educate others what to expect before they make a choice.

Not sure how this is different from other cars in the $150K-$200K MSRP range? Bentley's lease residuals, money factor, etc are pretty close to what other companies are doing with similar vehicles.

If you time your acquisitions right and take cars from dealer stock (as opposed to custom ordering), you can be driving a new CGT or a Spur for around $3K per month and replacing it every 3 years. If you want to go for a used (2-4 year old) CGT or Spur, make that $2K per month plus $4K per year for extended warranty.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:55 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Good points wk1, yet some exotics do hold their value far better than a Bentley.

Have been looking at the BMW M4, for example, and will wait as the GTC has depreciated so much in the past three years that depreciation alone could have nearly bought a 1 year used 8k miles with 3 more years full warranty M4 that includes service.

Makes the mind boggle and all that.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:01 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I'm afraid to even check the value of my car. Looks my grandkids may end up with one of those rare old cars in sixty years.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:44 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
$50k at dealer for trade. They upped it to $53k for a used 2016 loaded M4. Think they go for about $65k on eBay with normal 40k miles in good order. Even after very carefully checking the 2007 GTC out via their Lambo dealership, drive and on the lift, all they could say was a very slight bit of rust on the underside, which is easy to fix on my end. So basically my car is golden and in excellent condition.... $53k in trade.

On a positive note, have a great indie repair place with European Starr and the local VW place is going to check/do an alignment for $145 next week. Feels good to live in a place where servicing is now going to be normal/reasonable. Am totally done with the Bentley stealership.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 05-31-2016 at 08:51 AM.