Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Bentayga.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 08:02 AM
dmvcarlover is a jewel in the roughdmvcarlover is a jewel in the roughdmvcarlover is a jewel in the roughdmvcarlover is a jewel in the rough
Bentley Bentayga.

First ever Bentley Bentayga at the Exclusive Automotive Group in Tysons Corner, Virginia.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:22 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Not for me thanks.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:32 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
That Audi Q7 is ok, yet the Porsche is better. Oh, wait, that's a photo of a Bentley. LOL!!!

BTW, even the British Bentley/RR discussion board are making fun of this SUV. I call it the Bentley Bodega (grocery-getter). My guess is that they are making it for the Sultans and other Middle Eastern types so they can show off. The fancy clock upgrade was a dead giveaway.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-12-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
It looks like all the other upscale USVs. If you got the money and like it then go for it. Not everybody likes the same things. BTW I ain't no Sultan, more hillbilly like.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:41 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
I agree that the design is not the best SUV design we have seen.
but the inside and the performances are ....impressive to say the least.

at good as a Range Rover offroad and better than a porsche cayenne Turbo on road

Old 04-13-2016, 12:09 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
because "family truckster" was taken? srsy i'd rock it.

Old 04-13-2016, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by ULSTRUP
I agree that the design is not the best SUV design we have seen.
but the inside and the performances are ....impressive to say the least.

at good as a Range Rover offroad and better than a porsche cayenne Turbo on road
I would agree with that opinion completely but I am a full truck or full car man not a cross dresser. The wifey can have that kind of stuff it I bought any more of those SUV style vehicles.

I am waiting for Aston Martin to make a pickup truck.

Old 04-13-2016, 07:31 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cuemaster
because "family truckster" was taken? srsy i'd rock it.
LOL!

Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I would agree with that opinion completely but I am a full truck or full car man not a cross dresser. ...
I am waiting for Aston Martin to make a pickup truck.
I'm waiting for the Bentley version of the Ford F150 Harley Davidson Series. It comes with a matching Bentley motorcycle too, 'natch.

We could go on and on like this. How about the Bentley bicycle that fits neatly inside the trunk for when the car throws yet ANOTHER warning light. Ok, in all seriousness Bentley needs to include a VAG computer with every car and train owners how to use it. Or at least give a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty including annual service. If other manufacturers can offer this at far lower pricing, why can't Bentley?

Old 04-13-2016, 11:11 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
LOL!

I'm waiting for the Bentley version of the Ford F150 Harley Davidson Series. It comes with a matching Bentley motorcycle too, 'natch.

We could go on and on like this. How about the Bentley bicycle that fits neatly inside the trunk for when the car throws yet ANOTHER warning light. Ok, in all seriousness Bentley needs to include a VAG computer with every car and train owners how to use it. Or at least give a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty including annual service. If other manufacturers can offer this at far lower pricing, why can't Bentley?
they can but they won't!
why should they do it since their sales is steadily increasing every year...
the brand power is above logic.
look at you Steven, you're ranting all the time about Bentley behaviour but... you still drive a Bentley.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:01 AM
Originally Posted by ULSTRUP
look at you Steven, you're ranting all the time about Bentley behaviour but... you still drive a Bentley.
Yeah, we're sooooo f---ed. Am still driving it because selling it would be a major financial bloodshed. Bought her used yet sell now and take a 30% hit on depreciation after only a few years? Those Bentley salespeople are truly brilliant. Make them pay up front, have service be just costly enough to keep them hooked yet not leave, and keep the value depreciating so high as to trap buyers to not selling due to massive loss.

Must admit, there is utter brilliance in what Bentley is doing. Truly there is and I 'get it'. Still, we can at least educate others what to expect before they make a choice.

PS: Yes went in this eyes wide open and even helped my ex last month get a used one. As I recall, most B owners have 5+ cars so reliability and depreciation is really a non-issue there.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-14-2016 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:06 AM
Yeah, we're sooooo f---ed. Am still driving it because selling it would be a major financial bloodshed. Bought her used yet sell now and take a 30% hit on depreciation after only a few years? Those Bentley salespeople are truly brilliant. Make them pay up front, have service be just costly enough to keep them hooked yet not leave, and keep the value depreciating so high as to trap buyers to not selling due to massive loss.

Must admit, there is utter brilliance in what Bentley is doing. Truly there is and I 'get it'. Still, we can at least educate others what to expect before they make a choice.

PS: Yes went in this eyes wide open and even helped my ex last month get a used one. As I recall, most B owners have 5+ cars so reliability and depreciation is really a non-issue there.
It sounds like i hear a little weariness of upscale car ownership??? I have to concede your point and I have no plans to sell or trade soon. This car may be my first and last purchase of this type.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:41 AM
Naaaa, the next will probably be the top-line sporty Jaguar. Wife's 15 y/o daughter likes it and also the new Vette. Must admit the new Vettes are quite the performer for the $$$ both on-road and on-track. Just not sure I'm ready to be a Vette guy (read into that what you will). Have seen Vettes eat Ferraris at the racetrack

Old 04-14-2016, 07:54 AM
Naaaa, the next will probably be the top-line sporty Jaguar. Wife's 15 y/o daughter likes it and also the new Vette. Must admit the new Vettes are quite the performer for the $$$ both on-road and on-track. Just not sure I'm ready to be a Vette guy (read into that what you will). Have seen Vettes eat Ferraris at the racetrack
Yes there is a little problem admitting or seeing the Vette as a superior to the class of cars like Ferrari or other European super cars but they do seem too be for real. I actually like the new styling quite a bit.

Next thing you know you'll be flying a rebel flag.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:34 AM
Well, I did move to a State that has gators We have four of them in small ponds nearby

As for the Vette, they revamped interior and this was desperately needed. They really are INCREDIBLE cars for the $$$ imho.

"Ya'll not 'round from these 'ere parts now are ya?"

Old 04-14-2016, 12:07 PM

"Ya'll not 'round from these 'ere parts now are ya?"
Finally some one that speaks english.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Bentayga.