Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Easy seat entry work-around

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 07:19 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
Easy seat entry work-around

In previous threads there have been complaints that the steering wheel can be set to automatically move to allow better entry to the driver's seat but the seat doesn't move with the wheel. (Well maybe it does in later models but not in my 2008 or earlier GTs.) I prefer the seat to move like in my Corvette and my wife's Lexus. So I have created my own "easy seat" entry procedure.

I programmed my memory seat #1 button to be my driving position. Then I programmed the #3 button to have the seat slide all the way back. Before getting out of the car I hit the #3 button. Upon getting back in I hit #1.

So I don't have to look at the buttons to find #1 and #3 I have placed an adhesive backed rubber cabinet door cushion on both buttons. That way I can feel the two buttons I need to use.

These two photos show how I added a tactile key to easily find the buttons.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	028 (Medium).JPG
Views:	45
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	455884   Click image for larger version

Name:	024 (Medium).JPG
Views:	46
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	455885  
Old 08-14-2016, 06:16 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:08 PM
cl600bill is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MrVette
In previous threads there have been complaints that the steering wheel can be set to automatically move to allow better entry to the driver's seat but the seat doesn't move with the wheel. (Well maybe it does in later models but not in my 2008 or earlier GTs.) I prefer the seat to move like in my Corvette and my wife's Lexus. So I have created my own "easy seat" entry procedure.

I programmed my memory seat #1 button to be my driving position. Then I programmed the #3 button to have the seat slide all the way back. Before getting out of the car I hit the #3 button. Upon getting back in I hit #1.

So I don't have to look at the buttons to find #1 and #3 I have placed an adhesive backed rubber cabinet door cushion on both buttons. That way I can feel the two buttons I need to use.

These two photos show how I added a tactile key to easily find the buttons.
GOOD IDEA WITH THE CABINET DOOR CUSHIONS -- I also used position #1 and #3 but have to feel the position to get the right one. Incidentally, after 2 years I finally learned that just pressing the button and quickly releasing it the seat would continue to move to the right position. Guess I'll have to read the manual some day.