Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

what kind of leather's brand Bentley use and where to buy it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 10:42 AM
nguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura aboutnguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura about
what kind of leather's brand Bentley use and where to buy it?

Hello,
I want to recover my Bmw with the Bentley leather...
i don't know what kind of the leather Bentley use which gave a special smell which last over 10 years...and the leather so so nice and soft.
I wonder where can I buy it in a roll so I can recover my BMW.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:40 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Bentley would not provide any detail on what, who, where they source their hides. They would however, sell us a complete set of pre-assembled seat covers to replace the originals. The factory price would bring tears to your eyes.

It took my trim supplier (Diamond Trim in Aurora, Ontario) three months to source the original colour-matched hides for my seats. Sadly, I don't know the name of the leather supplier but I know they are in California. It took four complete hides to do the front and back seats. Each hide cost over $1,300.00 (cdn$). On top of that, I had to suffer the cost of cutting, sewing, making and installing the new hides.

The workmanship was so good that even the local Bentley dealer swore they were original. My car has the Saffron (butter yellow) interior and the hides still look new after five years. Granted, I don't drive the car much. I was warned not to use ANYTHING to preserve the leather (other than a mild dish soap to remove any staining). To this day, they still give off that rich, aromatic leather smell.

Last edited by PMS; 10-31-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:48 AM
Graham808 is on a distinguished road
I haven't used this company but was thinking of getting some cross-hatch panels made for that Mulliner look.

https://www.hydesleather.com/leather...entley-leather

Old 11-01-2016, 02:33 PM
jslamin is an unknown quantity at this point
I went to a local MA leather upholstery shop to get a quote for fixing my sagging headliner. He was able to pull out of his samples the exact leather from my 06 GT. So it is out there, ask a pro and it should be a cake walk for them to source it.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:36 AM
tarnow1942 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by PMS
Bentley would not provide any detail on what, who, where they source their hides. They would however, sell us a complete set of pre-assembled seat covers to replace the originals. The factory price would bring tears to your eyes.

It took my trim supplier (Diamond Trim in Aurora, Ontario) three months to source the original colour-matched hides for my seats. Sadly, I don't know the name of the leather supplier but I know they are in California. It took four complete hides to do the front and back seats. Each hide cost over $1,300.00 (cdn$). On top of that, I had to suffer the cost of cutting, sewing, making and installing the new hides.

The workmanship was so good that even the local Bentley dealer swore they were original. My car has the Saffron (butter yellow) interior and the hides still look new after five years. Granted, I don't drive the car much. I was warned not to use ANYTHING to preserve the leather (other than a mild dish soap to remove any staining). To this day, they still give off that rich, aromatic leather smell.
Diamond trim did the dashboard on my 456. Excellent work,price at the high end of what others paid in the US,but the result was excellent.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:19 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
You might ask these guys out of Dallas, as they install bentley seats in some of their custom Jeeps.
http://www.starwoodmotors.com/custom_jeeps.html

Old 11-06-2016, 09:34 AM
nguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura aboutnguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura about
thank you alot for all of the reply..
but because i'm living in Vietnam so my only way is buying it online then get it ship
I will try all of you guy advise and give feedback..
Thank you

Old 11-06-2016, 09:39 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tarnow1942
Diamond trim did the dashboard on my 456. Excellent work,price at the high end of what others paid in the US,but the result was excellent.
Over the years I've had Gary and his gang do work on my Ferrari Daytona, my Porsche 930 and several other high-dollar rides. The workmanship has always been top notch. That's why I keep going back. I agree the price isn't the cheapest I've seen, but in the long run, I've found it is easier to defend quality than it is to defend bargain prices. Too bad we can't have both.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.