Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Continental GT 2006 Infotainment Upgrade options / wiring help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 05:38 AM
molphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud of
i want old nokia to work as it should

Old 08-27-2021, 09:07 AM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
Thanks for the clarification, I misunderstood your question. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the OEM handset, but there are some very knowledgeable folks on here who may be able to help.

Old 11-21-2021, 07:30 AM
molphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud ofmolphar has much to be proud of
ive called all wires of phone system and tahy are ok, but still not working so i leave rhis idea.

And now new project. i want to make system like yours but, with small differens. i need no switch to normal ZAB output but i want to use native rear camera so i just need new screenm nodule for swithing to zab and buttun to change inputs on the screen ,becouse i've installed front camera (usefull for parking and looks nice ))) now i have rear cameras signal splitted to av-2 input with aux wire to my iphone and android tv in to av 1 but it has no navi, maybe if you recomand comfortible unit with av output (or hdmi i have convertor from china and it work acseptable but nativ av is better. but wth ok difital to audio convertor (weak part of android tv boxes so i need to use optical to analog convertors.)) with 5v (12v to 5v usb i made from xiaomi charger) there will be no need to install new screen. frankly speaking i ordered this screen for my mining farm with watercooling and that frame as on photos in heaf unit looks a bit not good, i don't use benhur couse want car to stayy stock looking. thank you for all that info You've posted earlier.

P.S i've tried to use apple tv, internaly it works on 12v so i removed its psu and used small acumulator as stabilezer. bad idea,no navi and cus are degradating quickly.

Last edited by molphar; 11-21-2021 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-21-2021, 10:09 AM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
If I understand correctly, you want to be able to see both front and rear cameras? I've thought about adding a front camera and one solution I entertained was using a cctv split screen adapter and plugging both front and rear cameras into it and then into the AV1, like the one below. I am sure there are more elegant options, but the one below is just an example of the concept.

https://www.cctvcamerapros.com/CCTV-...p/vm-q401a.htm

This could be triggered by reverse light or sending 12v to the switcher via a toggle switch, if you wanted to use it while driving forward. Theoretically, one could put 4 cameras and use the device's remote to change configurations of what's being displayed. Other options might be a bluetooth or wifi front camera, paired to the MinxPC and accessed via the camera's app.

The one thing I would like to figure out is a replacement for the Minix, as minix device can only be upgraded to older versions of Android. The trouble has been finding one with at least USB, HDMI + microphone input and headphone output.

See several contenders but they seem to have a combined microphone and headphone jack. Anyone know if these are a standard thing and I could use some sort of a splitter to have both at the same time?

Old 11-21-2021, 06:59 PM
This is the way i do it now on av1 cameras on av2 andoidbox, and i can split one camera on av1 one on av2. But, for this it is needed to change display as you wrote above to display with touch screen. and ill have original interface and second with tochscreen for android or some other mini pc BUT it should have GPS and i don't know devices like that ( and can i ask you to share
board design documents and source code with anyone who would like them
in any comfortable way for you.

Old 11-22-2021, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by Dark Green
Here is the raw Arduino development code. It is fairly well commented, although I can't guarantee being able to help with queries because it was such a long time ago. You will need to rename the file to have a .ino extension to make it work with a Uno.
All will make sense once you put a logic analyser onto the ribbon between the front panel and the control board inside the ZAB, and can see the control matrix being polled and pulled down.

Also, attached is the schematic and the foil pattern for the Uno Shield. You will need to remove the .bin file extension so that one ends .sch, and the other .kicad_pcb by removing my word "_dot_"
That was a huge work thank you and all other people working on it) ill modify it a bit, switch to android only with map button. And one more thing, sound from android device will go in av input in tv tuner or what? And what device with gps you can recomand? as media player and for streaming google cast and airplay i uses x96 max plus 4/32 in was not too much but y had you tube and thats it, but for navi it was not ok, only mirrioing. device has no own gps and i used ethernet connection with 4g modem.
oh and you know what i thought? to put trere just another headunit like kenwood, alpine or so ) with carplay ) and then iill have new headunit with all it functionality on sensor screen on map button, and native bentley interface for classic functions

Old 11-22-2021, 02:39 AM
If you only want to detect the map button being pressed, then that's simple, and you should be able to identify from the code which row and column combination is triggered, but of course you will still have to detect and ignore all the other row/column combinations being pressed.

From memory I think that my audio from the Minix is wired through the Grom BT.

For GPS/GLONASS I use a Garmin GLO connected to a USB port on the Minix.

As has been observed above, the Minix is a bit out of date now, and I can understand the idea to maybe use another head unit, but that is quite a complex integration task and I doubt that the manufacturer will help.
Yours setup is cool but to complicated for me) my top ability is to convert lights in Bentley from old style to new ))) and variant with another ehadunit is easyer a lot, actualy no need of manufacture help just to fing head that has videoout to its display that is supported by ours input on screen i gonna use as main.) In another word, that head unit shoould work as bently and two of tham will have one screen and arduino module will be a switcher ) When i was talking abou audio the question was how to send audio signall from secondary device (not zab) to bentley amplifyer? and i supposed that i can use av input in tv tuner. there is only one - of this, hard to avoind noises from all electronics in car.

Old 11-22-2021, 04:30 AM
I'm unsure whether I understand you correctly, but a few things to bear in mind:
1) The Bentley native display screen in the ZAB is very low resolution, so you will need to change the screen to a more modern standard so that you can display Android graphics.
2) You need a mechanism to switch between three inputs (1 Bentley, 2 Android, 3 Reversing Camera)
3) You need to feed the (new) touch screen presses to the Android computer.
4) You need to be able to capture and convert the low resolution Bentley video drive from the ZAB to high resolution if you want to display it on a touch screen. This is where I think you will struggle to find any modern head unit that can capture that old video drive signal.
5) My Arduino simply monitors the ZAB push button matrix, to recognise that a button (hard key or soft key) has been pressed, then it samples the matrix so that it can decide which button has been pressed, and after that it generates and transmits the appropriate I2C bus command to cause a (completely) separate video card to switch over. I'm not sure how it will help you...
6) The ZAB can select audio inputs, so you could simply feed audio up the redundant CD input.

Does any of this help..?
sorry for my terrible english )
1. yes ill try to find screen that has input for low res and hi rez
2. no only two. zab and another device
3.touchscreen often goes with new screens intergrated, problem is to learn that new unit to work with it (android box can without problems. even windows/linux can)
4. there are screens that can have diffwrent input. and even convertors for such things like https://car-solutions.com/en/video-i...y-continental/
5. you device i want to use for swithing between inputs on new screen
6. ill save oem changer so only one of av inputs

P.S and i dont want to use any remotes for swithing screns. Thay are ugly, just like my english.
sorry for that and thank you for your patience!

OR!!!!!!!!! I'll use oem screnn but will install touchscreen and video from new device will go on av input from tv tuner. and thats all. i need onlly navy and streaming of youtube. уvery carplay system can give it to me. and i dont need super resolution. i can leave oroginal. and tochscreen wil help. but, this varient is worst. But easiest to achive. Still, i don't know what android device to choose

Last edited by molphar; 11-22-2021 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-22-2021, 06:07 AM
Oh! for your request Beelink T4 Intel Atom® x5-Z8500 4GB+64GB it has microphone input but it is on win10. it is plus and - same time ) i'll think about it. there a a lot of devoces that ok for this, but that stupid 12v/ i don't know how to stabilize power. becouse sometimes it is 11v sometimes 14 and this is not auto device it is not ready for this jumps. just as apple tv

Last edited by molphar; 11-22-2021 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:04 AM
Stabilising power is simple: just use a DC to DC converter - they typically accept inputs from 6 to 30V dc and produce a stable 12V output. There are so many on the market that the biggest problem is knowing which one to choose.
Sorry for bothering you, but can you point me to such thing. And even better some working reliable. Thank You again!