Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Infotainment power cycling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 03:02 PM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
Hi Johnny, Both units have the same HW and SW numbers, I can't see anything on the units that would tell me whether it has or does not have NAIM software installed.
Paul

Old 07-28-2023, 11:10 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pwc6t3
Hi Johnny, Both units have the same HW and SW numbers, I can't see anything on the units that would tell me whether it has or does not have NAIM software installed.
Paul

Hello ​​​​​​@pwc6t3 ,
Sorry to dig up a 4 year old thread, I see I never responded for some reason, sorry.

But anyway, being that both of these units have all of the same exact numbers, that to me only leaves the coding of the head unit itself as to make NAIM or base, I will have to find some scans online of vehicles showing the same 3W0 035 017 Q infotainment head unit, but one with the base amplifier, and one with the NAIM amplifier, then to cross check the coding of the head unit.

Edit: @pwc6t3 ,
Being that you have a 2015 with NAIM (if you still do) could you post a scan of address (07) Head unit, and (47) the Amplifier, or if you have an old scan saved.

@robob ,
When your laptop arrives, can you do the same, as for some reason, your scans of 07 and 47 showed no coding.

This way we can compare the coding of pwc6t3's NAIM unit, and your base unit, this will help others in the future, and or possibly yourself at the time if we find that your head unit needs replacement, this way we would know if you strictly need to find a unit from a Bentley that came with the NAIM system, or that a 3W0 035 017 Q can be coded to be either a base, or NAIM unit.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 07-28-2023 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-28-2023, 11:15 AM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Sorry to dig up a 4 year old thread, I see I never responded for some reason.

But anyway, being that both of these units have all of the same exact numbers, that to me only leaves the coding of the head unit itself as to make NAIM or base, I will have to find some scans online of vehicles showing the same 3W0 035 017 Q infotainment head unit, but one with the base amplifier, and one with the NAIM amplifier, then to cross check the coding of the head unit.

Johnny
Hi Johnny, I hope all is well up in the north east! No worries, I sold the car a few years ago. I have enjoyed your videos of you getting your car up and running.

Old 07-28-2023, 01:05 PM
robob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud of
When your laptop arrives, can you do the same, as for some reason, your scans of 07 and 47 showed no coding.

This way we can compare the coding of pwc6t3's NAIM unit, and your base unit, this will help others in the future, and or possibly yourself at the time if we find that your head unit needs replacement, this way we would know if you strictly need to find a unit from a Bentley that came with the NAIM system, or that a 3W0 035 017 Q can be coded to be either a base, or NAIM unit.
Will do. Laptop is apparently not coming today as originally scheduled.

I do recall 47 not scanning, not sure what happened with 07:-)