Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

07 GT Memory seat dysfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 06:35 PM
W. M. Hellinger is an unknown quantity at this point
07 GT Memory seat dysfunction

I have an 07 GT, with a seemingly memory seat dysfunction in that I can't get the memory settings to recall. The vehicle is somewhat new to me. Reportedly the batteries were stone dead and replaced with new (I've confirmed the new replacements) previous to my ownership. Both the driver's and passenger seat's memory functions are seemingly not working. I've gone through the drill of traveling the extremes of all the seat adjustments to recalibrate to no avail. When I depress "#1" recall for the driver's seat, I can hear the slightest "click" in the vicinity of the glove box. I'm wondering if there's a control module over there that's goofy? All other aspects of both seat adjustments work great.

That reminds me... I'll check to see... but I don't think the memory recall for the outside mirrors and steering wheel adjustments are working either... I'll check that. Also: I only have one key/FOB for this vehicle... I've fiddled with the infotainment system key recognition stuff to no avail.

This isn't all that big of problem... well it wouldn't be if I was the only one behind the wheel, but sometimes my wife drives this vehicle... I'm 6' 2" barefoot, she's a bit over 5' in heels.

Old 01-29-2019, 07:03 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
This may be ridiculous, on mine if held on the button too long it bypassed memory. Try being more quick fingered?

Old 01-29-2019, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
This may be ridiculous, on mine if held on the button too long it bypassed memory. Try being more quick fingered?
Thanks! I'll try that. Admittedly, I've been holding down the buttons likely too-long... just to make sure. Is the "M" button or are the 1,2,3 buttons time sensitive... or a combination?

Old 01-29-2019, 07:24 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
1 2 & 3 are time sensitive, one second tap. Holding M and a long hold on the individual numbered buttons will set the memory.

Last edited by 1eapplebaum; 01-30-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:21 AM
More strangeness concerning my '07 GT's seat memory: I've fiddled-around trying various combinations for setting the seat memory to no avail... tried most everything I could think of short of painting my teeth and dying my hair blonde. Nadda… the memory function seems totally dysfunctional.

But... the other day ago my wife and I were on a shopping trip and swapping turns driving... she'd drop me off at a store, and drive to a different store and visa-versa. My wife's seat setting is notably different than mine... her seat setting is basically the other end of the spectrum than mine. My wife reported that every time she returned to the vehicle after being away for a bit, the driver's seat had moved back to "my" setting.

Any thoughts?