Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Recommendation on Repairs and improvements

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 04:07 AM
Rajabf is an unknown quantity at this point
Recommendation on Repairs and improvements

Frist of all I would like to Thank all the members who posted here, as they have been a great help in the purchase of my bentley.

I am a proud owner of a 2005 gt with 23000km, garage stored and well maintained vehicle.

I have a few issues, frist of all the roof liner is slouching in certain areas nothing too obvious. The light bar has failed and the trunk struts have also failed. I am missing several mat clip that secure the mats to the floor. The tpms also needs changing. Other then that it drives like a great.

I do have a certain vibration while cruising at a constant speed. No vibration under mild or hard acceleration. Just at cruising speed, vibration is minor but noticeable.

I am having a hard time identifying the phone for the central armrest. I have searched all over and can't seem to get concrete information on the compatability.

I was also looking into the grom bluetooth addon.

Any recommendations on a cover for storage, I am searching for a fitted cover made for the vehicle any recommendations are appreciated.

I am also looking for a diagnostic tool/programmers for the vehicle also.

Thank you in advance

I have attached the pictures below
​​

Old 02-17-2019, 01:47 PM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
I wouldn't waste time on the bentley nokia phone, but you can get these on ebay... example... https://www.ebay.com/p/OEM-Bentley-B...d=233132682306

For bluetooth phone & music, I've been using the Grom BT3 at a another members suggestion, for about a year or 2, no problems and great quality audio. Easy install also.

I've also used the VAG-COM odbc cable from ross-tech and it's worked for what I've needed, no problems, using their VCDS software.

The headliner sag is a known issue, and there are several threads on the brake light, if that's what you mean my the light bar...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ent-howto.html

Old 02-18-2019, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the input Sam, I will ofcourse take all your recommendations into account. I did however check the ebay listing. I currently already have that, it's the privacy handset and it's located next to the one that I have pictured above. I am trying to identify the Nokia phone model that's compatible with the cradle.
​​​​​​
And I would greatly appreciate and feedback on the vehicle cover that would be great.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:54 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of

This is the phone.
Not confident that the chipset on these phones is compatible with the current digital cell protocol.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:52 AM
Great Thanks

I got this from the dealer also...

Hope some one will find this useful

Old 02-19-2019, 11:56 AM
The phone diagrams and part numbers.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:18 AM
W. M. Hellinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Not to derail the thread... but I have absolutely no use for the phone spot in my GTs' driver's arm rests, and am thinking/hoping I could pick-up a (or a couple) passenger arm rest and swap the guts... to convert the driver's arm rest compartment into a more usable space. Any thoughts?

Old 02-20-2019, 02:46 AM
You could remove the components from the arm rests, you would have to deal with some unwanted wiring.

Any recommendations on storage covers, fitted covers made for the vehicle.

Has anyone had issues with the air vents, my middle vent has no air coming out but the louver is functioning just fine

Old 02-20-2019, 04:11 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by W. M. Hellinger
Not to derail the thread... but I have absolutely no use for the phone spot in my GTs' driver's arm rests, and am thinking/hoping I could pick-up a (or a couple) passenger arm rest and swap the guts... to convert the driver's arm rest compartment into a more usable space. Any thoughts?
I’m in the same boat. I took out the radar control peice the previous own had in there and now I’m just looking for a solid peice to replace it with so I can have some type of functionality with it.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:19 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rajabf
You could remove the components from the arm rests, you would have to deal with some unwanted wiring.

Any recommendations on storage covers, fitted covers made for the vehicle.

Has anyone had issues with the air vents, my middle vent has no air coming out but the louver is functioning just fine
It is possible on the middle air vents that the plastic linkage parts have disengaged. It is really a simple design. So, if you can move the chrome push actuator, try a simple test. Open the vent then place a pencil through the grate and test if the flap in the back is still closed. If it is, it is likely an easy R&R of the center dash panel and reassemble the flap on the actuator linkage.

I have a spare center dash piece with the vents assembled and I can post of pic of the mechanism if you first do the pencil test and confirm that when you move the actuator the flap does NOT move.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:04 AM
The flaps open and close

Old 02-20-2019, 09:05 AM
W. M. Hellinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BWings
It is possible on the middle air vents that the plastic linkage parts have disengaged. It is really a simple design. So, if you can move the chrome push actuator, try a simple test. Open the vent then place a pencil through the grate and test if the flap in the back is still closed. If it is, it is likely an easy R&R of the center dash panel and reassemble the flap on the actuator linkage.

I have a spare center dash piece with the vents assembled and I can post of pic of the mechanism if you first do the pencil test and confirm that when you move the actuator the flap does NOT move.
One of my GT's had seemingly the same problem. After disassembly of the associated assembly, I determined the air vent drawbar was broken where it threads into the valve mechanism... and as I recall I extracted the broken stub, threaded it back together using a thinner lock nut to make work the remaining drawbar's thread length into the mating doo-dad, and shortened the other drawbar shaft a skosh to match. The resulting drawbar stroke was just a tad bit different, but un-noticeable to likely all but the most discerning... which I haven't had the pleasure to meet yet, at least locally anyway. As I recall the drawbar shaft is brass.

Old 03-22-2019, 06:18 AM
It's confirmed for the phone it fits

Nokia 3100 will also work, or any variation of that phone

Old 03-25-2019, 01:33 AM
yanacha is on a distinguished road
Hello in my bentley Continental 2005 a nokia 6100

Old 03-25-2019, 04:00 PM
Seems like there are a few variations of the cradle.