Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Bentley
Reload this Page >

Battery Changed Still Get Low Battery+electronics not working.

Notices
Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Battery Changed Still Get Low Battery+electronics not working.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:29 PM
08gtspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Battery Changed Still Get Low Battery+electronics not working.

Hey guys!

I recently purchased a 2008 Bentley Continental GT Speed and a few days later I got a low battery warning please start engine warning. I thought okay it must have been standing for a while waiting to be sold at the dealer. I followed the instructions posted on this forum and changed both rear batteries. However, I am still getting the same warning every time I start the car with the new Interstate batteries. Also, after I changed the batteries the seat adjustment on both sides stopped working, volume control does not work, telescopic steering stopped working and can't even adjust the side mirrors.

The car starts fine, runs fine but every time I start it up the clock resets and the profile changes I made get reset as well. I don't know if this helps but the key only works after I get out of the car to lock or unlock. Otherwise, I have to open the vehicle manually and when I do lock it using the key it the alarm goes off for about 10-20 seconds and then turns off.

I have been doing a lot of searching but unable to find an answer to this issue if anyone has already made a post about this I apologize and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thank You!

Old 02-18-2019, 06:25 AM
Samhain is an unknown quantity at this point
Despite the new batteries it sounds like a weak LH battery to me.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:40 AM
BentleyF is on a distinguished road
i agree the left battery is bad..

Old 02-18-2019, 08:40 AM
Lightbulb Interstate MTP-49-H8

Thank you for your replies!

The battery I installed is an Interstate MTP-49-H8 with 730CCA and 910 cranking amps (https://www.interstatebatteries.com/products/mtp-49-h8). I will try getting a more powerful battery and see how it goes.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:24 AM
1eapplebaum is on a distinguished road
Hello,
It's not the power of the battery. They discharge the same amount "12v", some have more storage. Check your terminals for cleanliness and tightness, right and left side batteries.

Perhaps a mickeyed battery? By the way the book recommends an AGM battery. However that difference won't affect the current problem.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:49 PM
Samhain is an unknown quantity at this point
Sometimes the batteries are bad when you get them. And these cars are very sensitive to bad LH batteries. Last 'new' OEM battery I got for my Phaeton at the dealer lasted less than a year.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Engine is an unknown quantity at this point
Bit late to the party, but what spec is your vehicle, there are a few naughty systems in Bentley's that need periodically resetting otherwise they can continue to drain battery (even after a power disconnect)

Old 05-16-2019, 03:03 PM
Hey! thank you guys for helping out with the issue. I was able to get the battery changed from the dealer and the car works perfect, I got battery tenders and usually attach them when the car will be sitting for more than a day or two.

However sometimes I still get the low battery sign once in a while although there are no other effects or warnings once I start the car, it only comes on when the ignition is on.

The car is 2008 GT Speed I don't think there is any other spec or special edition- but I could be wrong about that.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:53 PM
1eapplebaum is on a distinguished road
There is a low battery warning when the remote key needs a new battery. Probably not the case but worth a check.