Notices
Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Driver side window alignment

 
  #1  
Old 05-24-2019, 04:05 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2018
Age: 44
Posts: 88
Rep Power: 0
Yoghurtshotgun is an unknown quantity at this point
Driver side window alignment

Hi guys I've recently re installed the front window on my Bentley GT 2004 and I just can't get it to work/align properly.i fitted the regulator 6 months ago and it's been fine but I had to remove the window pane but since fitting it again it hits the rubber on the quarter window but it's not central so when driving the wind whistles through.i tried every combination to set it straight but just can't find the correct position is there a simple way to do this.its annoying because everytime I want to test and adjust I have to dissemble the whole door card
 
  #2  
Old 05-24-2019, 10:32 PM
Rico.Adams's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: England
Age: 54
Posts: 410
Rep Power: 0
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun View Post
Hi guys I've recently re installed the front window on my Bentley GT 2004 and I just can't get it to work/align properly.i fitted the regulator 6 months ago and it's been fine but I had to remove the window pane but since fitting it again it hits the rubber on the quarter window but it's not central so when driving the wind whistles through.i tried every combination to set it straight but just can't find the correct position is there a simple way to do this.its annoying because everytime I want to test and adjust I have to dissemble the whole door card
Hi only me again ... Dose the door and the quarter panel glass drop when you open the door or go back up when you close the door ...
 
  #3  
Old 05-25-2019, 01:03 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2018
Age: 44
Posts: 88
Rep Power: 0
Yoghurtshotgun is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams View Post
Hi only me again ... Dose the door and the quarter panel glass drop when you open the door or go back up when you close the door ...
Hi Rico yes I've set the windows up they drop as they should and operate properly it's just at the very top of the window seems.to bend.inwards when fully closed I've tried the adjuster plate on the back leg but it was fine before I just can't work it out
 
  #4  
Old 05-25-2019, 01:55 AM
Rico.Adams's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: England
Age: 54
Posts: 410
Rep Power: 0
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun View Post
Hi Rico yes I've set the windows up they drop as they should and operate properly it's just at the very top of the window seems.to bend.inwards when fully closed I've tried the adjuster plate on the back leg but it was fine before I just can't work it out
Yah it doesn't sound great but let fix this, ok take the door card off and behind the bass speaker which is the round one remove it, when you totally lower the window a alloy comes down with the glass have you aligned this with the glass and the runner.
I'm taking my door cards off today to replace some speakers I'll have a good look what and get back to you later today ...
 
  #5  
Old 05-25-2019, 02:22 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2018
Age: 44
Posts: 88
Rep Power: 0
Yoghurtshotgun is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams View Post
Yah it doesn't sound great but let fix this, ok take the door card off and behind the bass speaker which is the round one remove it, when you totally lower the window a alloy comes down with the glass have you aligned this with the glass and the runner.
I'm taking my door cards off today to replace some speakers I'll have a good look what and get back to you later today ...
Thanks Rico because I had to remove all door panel inside originally to fix door handles and I didn't realise there was alignment behind speaker as I've never removed the speaker I guess I must of got lucky when I replaced the regulator months ago.in my thread "please help" you can see the hassle I've had with the door handles 🙈. I'm away this weekend but will get straight back to it on Monday thankyou
 
  #6  
Old 05-26-2019, 10:20 AM
Rico.Adams's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: England
Age: 54
Posts: 410
Rep Power: 0
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello Yoghurtshotgun, I hope this helps, you can level the glass at these points once you remove the speaker ...


 
  #7  
Old 06-09-2019, 12:35 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2018
Age: 44
Posts: 88
Rep Power: 0
Yoghurtshotgun is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok so spent my Sunday with the other wife and tackled this window issue it turns out the guy who wrapped the car put the quaterlight window adjuster at the bottom in wrong making the top of the window curve out more at the top.so happy I found the issue always best to check others work now days as some are a lot worse than others .on to the next task!!
 
  #8  
Old 06-09-2019, 12:41 PM
Rico.Adams's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: England
Age: 54
Posts: 410
Rep Power: 0
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun View Post
Ok so spent my Sunday with the other wife and tackled this window issue it turns out the guy who wrapped the car put the quaterlight window adjuster at the bottom in wrong making the top of the window curve out more at the top.so happy I found the issue always best to check others work now days as some are a lot worse than others .on to the next task!!
Glad you got that sorted ...
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
nottoshabi
996
10
11-22-2013 03:49 AM
bad107
996 Turbo / GT2
13
12-15-2009 05:09 PM
bryantjew
996 Turbo / GT2
9
01-28-2008 02:57 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driver side window alignment


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.