Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley GT 2004 stereo lost base

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 06:28 AM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
Bentley GT 2004 stereo lost base

Stereo in my 2004 crackles when powered up but only plays the tweeters no base the door speaker in the left just crackles or pops.it was working fine just dropped out when driving home .the door card has been removed due to lock issues but I don't think that is the problem as I said it was working.could it be amp? Would I lose just the bass? Thanks

Last edited by Yoghurtshotgun; 05-30-2019 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Hello Yoghurtshotgun, yah quite right don't sound like the door card/s as even if the cable was trapped or left off its only that side would be affected, this sounds like an amp problem, you going to have to check the amp and the plugs and test each speaker, you can find all the colours in my post "Bentley GT Speaker Wiring Colour Codes".
How did you get on with the window ...
Thanks Rico . I returned yesterday and that's when the speakers packed up on me.i will take a look at window tomorrow if i get the chance.ive inherited all the problems from the previous owner so am going through this with a fine tooth comb but every time I fix something something else bloody packs up lol did you post up some pics of your window? I haven't looked yet

Old 05-30-2019, 07:07 PM
Hi ... I did wonder if you got it done, yes Ive posted a couple hope it helps, Yah thats the worst thing about some people they don't look after there vehicles, hope you get it sorted ...
Where in the world are you based ...
Yea I don't like cars with bad bits.id prefer to sell them on with everything working just makes me feel better.not that I'll be selling this just yet as I bought it for my project and it's certainly fighting me all the way .I'm in the UK Plymouth

Old 05-31-2019, 09:51 AM
Yes correct I too beleive a car should be as perfect as one would like it to be and sold on as so, Oh your not far a few hours from me Im in Nottingham, well you never know If my health permits I may take a drive down to the sea ...
lovely day for it it's beautiful here today.
just an update on the bass issue on inspection I removed front 6x9 speaker and found the clip had snapped and the wires had fallen against the side of the speaker body shorting it out I've removed repaired and re installed and all working perfectly on to my next problem this window and then parking sensors the joy continues ha ha

Old 06-01-2019, 07:23 AM
Wow glad you sorted it simple fix ...
Its warm here sun keeps disappearing but I've been indoors all day.
what's up with the PDC's ...
God know they've never worked since I got the car just beep and turn off.ive replaced the damaged censor but still nothing .I looked under the parcel shelf and I have two control boxes but there is a space with white double sided tape in but nothing in the gap so i was wondering if someone had taken it out altogether