Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Extended Warranty Opinions.........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 06:58 PM
OnePunch has much to be proud ofOnePunch has much to be proud ofOnePunch has much to be proud ofOnePunch has much to be proud ofOnePunch has much to be proud ofOnePunch has much to be proud ofOnePunch has much to be proud ofOnePunch has much to be proud of
Extended Warranty Opinions.........

Hi All......

I'm debating which direction to go in as far as an extended warranty is concerned. My car is a 2016, and is recently out of warranty. Even though it was not purchased from an actual Bentley dealership, Bentley has something called "adopt a customer" or something to that effect, where you can take the car in, pay $900.00 for a detailed examination, cure any discovered defects, and Bentley will offer a warranty for approx $6500.00 for the first year, and I believe somewhere around $5000.00 per year thereafter. Those figures might not be EXACT, but i'm pretty sure its close.

Another option is a company called Axiom, who does the initial inspection for around $200-300, and then the warranty would be somewhere around $4800 for 2 years ($1000.00 deductible), if I remember correctly.

I dont have any problems with my car, but obviously there is always the possibility of a VERY expensive repair right around the corner, so I think an extended warranty is in my best interests.

Anyone here have one? Any companies to recommend?

thanks...................

Old 06-04-2019, 04:29 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
I am one who does not believe in extended warranties and have never purchased one. Sorry, but I cannot give any recommendations. Some on here might have good info for you though. Not an argument either....I get it that some feel more covered and at peace with one.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:53 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
I agree. Rather take that money and put it in a “just in case” account. Just keep up the maintenance on it and you should be golden. If something do comes up you should have the funds to tackle it.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:02 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Me3. Read the fine print. Sometimes the very things we expect to get covered on an extended warranty aren't. The premium is in favor of the house.
My 2cents😉

Old 06-05-2019, 08:59 PM
MBi
MBi is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't remember if this is correct but I believe warrentech I had seen as service contract on a warranty claim under the service history I had seen for some used cars before finding the last car. Ferrsure I believe now sells warranties underwritten by warrentech. Haven't used them but just know it's relatively new.

My advice is find a good independent mechanic. For reference I've tried two dealerships in the northeast one supposed to be very reputable. Everyone makes mistakes but its how they handle a issue after service that shows true character of the dealership. The more reputable one offered to have the car inspected the other one continued to do subpar work with many excuses as another dealer won't touch someone elses poor work even if the car is under CPO. If dealer A does something wrong and work needs to be warrantied dealer B will state go back to A even if A continually fails to fix the issue to the point Bentley corporate needs to be involved.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:18 PM
TheManWithThe7 is an unknown quantity at this point
To the guys who don’t believe in warranties, what kind of mileage do you have on your Bentley and what year and model car do you have?

Old 03-27-2022, 07:05 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
I've only heard horror stories about aftermarket warranties. They exclude coverage for a wide variety of reasons, "abuse" and such that is subjective. Also, when they do pay, it's sort of like dental insurance; they pay only a fraction of the bill. You also have to have a mechanic who is willing to go through the submission process and agree to their reimbursement.

In my opinion, there are two downsides to owning a modern Bentley: the first is that you simply have to swallow the fact that it's an exotic, will require maintenance and the maintenance will make your eyes water. There isn't really a way around this, the car is so computerized, it knows when it needs a repair. The good news is that the W12 engines seem pretty bulletproof as do the transmissions. The common issues are things like hoses, lights and solenoids and sensors. But if you're scared of the maintenance costs because you're stretching to afford the car, that is something to be scared of. Just front brake discs and pads cost an absolute fortune and those are wearable items. Parts for the front brakes, $1,500, labor probably another $500. If you have ceramic, triple that.

I walked into ownership with my eyes wide open.

The second disadvantage, at least for the W12 is the gas mileage. It's crazy expensive, but for me it's mostly the hassle of always having to fill up. Yesterday I filled up and got a $15 tunnel car wash at the same time. I was at a 1/4 tank and my credit card charge for premium plus a car wash was $95.

Anyway, nix the idea of someone else paying for repairs. I'm actually surprised they offer this for Bentleys, tbh.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:49 AM
silvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by British

In my opinion, there are two downsides to owning a modern Bentley: the first is that you simply have to swallow the fact that it's an exotic, will require maintenance and the maintenance will make your eyes water. There isn't really a way around this, the car is so computerized, it knows when it needs a repair. The good news is that the W12 engines seem pretty bulletproof as do the transmissions. The common issues are things like hoses, lights and solenoids and sensors. But if you're scared of the maintenance costs because you're stretching to afford the car, that is something to be scared of. Just front brake discs and pads cost an absolute fortune and those are wearable items. Parts for the front brakes, $1,500, labor probably another $500. If you have ceramic, triple that.

I walked into ownership with my eyes wide open..
I actually see these upsides to owning a modern Bentley. Computer systems will tell you either exactly what is wrong, or point you in the right direction, or at least give you something to work with. Imagine going to the dealer/mechanic without this information.

And parts- yes Bentley parts are certainly expensive but when you can use VW/Audi parts you save a bundle. Much better than the pre-merger days.