Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New member Bentley 2014 Flying Spur

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 07:26 PM
harihoudini is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Bentley, Please H ... I assume you have an Android phone running the latest software ...
Yes on Android. How do i get the SW version running in the car? I went through every menu - can't find an option. Presume its some combo of buttons to press

Old 08-28-2019, 07:33 PM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by harihoudini
Yes on Android. How do i get the SW version running in the car? I went through every menu - can't find an option. Presume its some combo of buttons to press
SW ? ... do you mean screen view or mirroring ...

Old 08-28-2019, 07:38 PM
SW ? ... do you mean screen view or mirroring ...
you wanted to know what B/T version was running. I have no idea how to get that info to you

Old 08-28-2019, 07:43 PM
you wanted to know what B/T version was running. I have no idea how to get that info to you
Ok you mean software ... let me find out I'll come back to you ...

Old 08-29-2019, 08:36 AM
I got hold of a chap at Bentley re your B/T, you need to go into functions & setup from your screen, in setup you should find System Settings & vehicle information once you get into this screen you should be able to bring up the information ie: software, bluetooth & verous other info ... do let me know when you locate it ...

Old 08-29-2019, 11:09 AM
Ive been doing some digging re the 2014 Infotainment System & how to get hold of the lastest firmware, Ive found this company who have a base in the US ... check out there website ...

Contact us

Rohde & Schwarz USA, Inc.
Contact us for details of your local Rohde & Schwarz sales office

North American Headquarters
Service & Calibration Center
6821 Benjamin Franklin Drive, Columbia, MD 21046

Tel. 410 910-7800, Fax. 410 910-7801
Service & Calibration Center: 1-888-TEST-RSA (1-888-837-8772)

info@rsa.rohde-schwarz.com
service.rsa@rsa.rohde-schwarz.com

North America Customer Support Center
For technical, product, pre-sales and post-sales questions about Rohde & Schwarz products

USA: Phone: 1-888-837-8772 (1-888-Test-RSA), email: customer.support@rsa.rohde-schwarz.com
Canada: Phone: 1-877-438-2880, email: customer.support@rsa.rohde-schwarz.com

Old 08-29-2019, 11:33 AM
I got hold of a chap at Bentley re your B/T, you need to go into functions & setup from your screen, in setup you should find System Settings & vehicle information once you get into this screen you should be able to bring up the information ie: software, bluetooth & verous other info ... do let me know when you locate it ...
There is no option for me anywhere for functions and setup / systems settings and vehicle information. I have been through each and every screen.
Btw this is the Naim audio infotainment package.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:19 PM
There is no option for me anywhere for functions and setup / systems settings and vehicle information. I have been through each and every screen.
Btw this is the Naim audio infotainment package.
Hi H, I'm find it hard to understand why there is no system settings function or car setup function, Nevertheless your system is a Naim system but that only for sound quality it has nothing to do with the head unit Infortainment system which has it own firmware, that controls all the car functions ie: heating, telephone satnav & so on ... the Naim audio is a sound systems company that develop amps & speakers to put it in a nutshell, a bit like what I have done to me car used a head system which controls all the sound from after market amps & speakers to deilver top quality sound ... there's a video of a guy on youtube who has done an upgrade on a 2013 Bentley which is the same as yours with a Android firmware upgrade, I'll look it up & post it ...

Old 08-29-2019, 12:28 PM
Have a look at this guys video, he's done a firmware upgrade, installed a android system in the head unit with all the functions like Android Auto ...

Old 08-30-2019, 05:20 PM
MBi
MBi is an unknown quantity at this point
This video is quite interesting. I wonder how the amp etc is setup with the new head unit.

Old 08-30-2019, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by MBi
This video is quite interesting. I wonder how the amp etc is setup with the new head unit.
Hi MBi ... He hasn't changed the head unit just upgraded the firmware, the head unit still operates the same as it did before sending the sound to the stock amp & into the speakers ...

Old 08-30-2019, 06:27 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Imagine being able to do this.

Android and high resolution touch screen successfully fitted to 2004 headunit - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-headunit.html

Old 08-30-2019, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
Imagine being able to do this.

Android and high resolution touch screen successfully fitted to 2004 headunit - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-headunit.html
Hi 1eapplebaum ... yah Ive seen this thread fantastic work but how many can do that ripping up the stock head unit & replacing the screen & everything else that does with it, I think most guys just want an upgrade to the original head unit or an after market one with a BenHur upgrade, there's also a quick fix solution that Petejj posted on a new thread if anyone wants to go down that route & much much cheaper ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 08-30-2019 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:24 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello Hari,
Beautiful vehicle !
Welcome aboard.
As to the infotainment system being slow on the 2012 and up units, yes, it is a known problem, it does not have to do with pairing any phone, it is a problem with the unit itself, a few on here have had the same issue, as in the unit takes for ever to start, very long to change stations, or to select between inputs, of the members I have spoke with on here and elsewhere by phone, they all state that the Bentley dealer claims they have never had this problem before or ever heard of it, yet you can search for the many YouTube videos of people showing their 2012-2015 infotainment systems lagging and freezing up, a member on hear even commented how what the dealer said was an outright lie, Bentley says that the only fix is to replace the head unit at around $6000.00 , their was a software update in 2012-2014, but now Bentley claims that there never was one...

There is a sequence of button presses to get to the info screen, but that info is for the 2004 to 2011 units, I do not have the info on the 2012 and up unit with me at the moment.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:34 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New member Bentley 2014 Flying Spur