Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2010 Bentley Flying Spur Speed. Car stalls after 20seconds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 02:38 PM
Lotsofproblems is an unknown quantity at this point
2010 Bentley Flying Spur Speed. Car stalls after 20seconds

Found twin relays in trunk.

Last edited by Lotsofproblems; 11-25-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:27 PM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Lotsofproblems
Found twin relays in trunk. Tested pumps both work. Switched relays same symptoms. If I remove the right relay car stalls in 2seconds. Replace it and remove left relay car starts runs doesn’t stall but dash say fuel shop message. What’s wrong ? Car has 26,000 miles
Hello ...
Without a code check its a bit hit & miss, but to my knowledge its one of the pumps & a bad reply. You need to get it on the ross tech to check the codes, again of hand if you get a code P0203 thats a faulty relay.
Get the car on the computer that way you will know for sure, once you know the error code do let us know to guide further.
Have you checked all the fuses, if you electrical minded I can send a tech drawing of the fuel system ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 10-09-2019 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Hello ...
Without a code check its a bit hit & miss, but to my knowledge its one of the pumps & a bad reply. You need to get it on the ross tech to check the codes, again of hand if you get a code P0203 thats a faulty relay.
Get the car on the computer that way you will know for sure, once you know the error code do let us know to guide further.
Have you checked all the fuses, if you electrical minded I can send a tech drawing of the fuel system ...
I jumped the pumps and they run & switched relays and still same thing. I’ll pull codes tomorrow and post

Old 10-09-2019, 05:42 PM
I jumped the pumps and they run & switched relays and still same thing. I’ll pull codes tomorrow and post
Sure that would be great...

Old 10-10-2019, 01:32 AM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Has the car been parked outside in rain recently ?
How often have you cleaned the front scuttle drains ?

I’d be looking at the front carpets for dampness in a UK car the passenger .Under there are more relays some part of the keyless go .
Also try just the key you have not said how you started it ?
Bat fob issues need eliminating as well re the immobiliser , so try new bats in the fob .Then check the immobiliser ECU / control box - damp , connections etc . Feels like an immobiliser ECU issue .......with out any codes .

Old 10-10-2019, 10:18 AM
Hello ... Any updates on the fuel pumps ... Thanks ...

Old 10-10-2019, 11:17 AM
Hello ... Any updates on the fuel pumps ... Thanks ...
Codes P050A & P2279

Old 10-10-2019, 04:41 PM
Codes P050A & P2279
Ok code P050A cold start idle air control valve & P2279 are to do with idle air control valve & the MAF sensor 2 off these are located under the air filter the codes indicate a leak in the air intake system

The best thing to do is a smoke test this leak could be anywhere from the turbos all the way up to the air box, it could just be a maf sensor or a valve you need to check both bank 1 & 2, looking at the car from the front bank 1 is on the left & bank 2 on the right (dip stick side) it could be a split hose some where in the system.

If your familiar with engines I can guide you through how to do a smoke test if not its gone have to go to the workshop ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 10-10-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:20 PM
Ok code P050A cold start idle air control valve & P2279 are to do with idle air control valve & the MAF sensor 2 off these are located under the air filter the codes indicate a leak in the air intake system

The best thing to do is a smoke test this leak could be anywhere from the turbos all the up to the air box, it could just be a maf sensor or a valve you need to check both bank 1 & 2, looking at the from the front bank 1 is on the left & bank 1 on the right (dip stick side) it could a split hose some where in the system.

If you are familiar with engines I can guide you through how to do a smoke test if not its gone have to go to the workshop ...
I’m familiar with engines. I’ll try anything to keep it from Bentley dealer

Old 10-10-2019, 06:30 PM
I’m familiar with engines. I’ll try anything to keep it from Bentley dealer
Hi ... Ok thats fantastic, its late for me here in the UK about ready for bed.
I'll post up everything from start to finish tomorrow at some point & hopefully all will be ok, lets hope it just a sensor or 2 or just a hose split ... if you don't mind me asking are you in the UK ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 10-10-2019 at 06:35 PM.