Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Inherited 2010 GTC Speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 06:49 AM
MBi
MBi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mr8888
Part prices seem very high. Cross reference the part numbers. If it was a small difference I understand the shop needs to profit but this estimate seems very high. Is labor included?

check on Scuderia or flying spares.

https://www.flyingspares.com/shop/be...3w0411317.html

Don’t worry about ordering from these guys over seas they get the parts to you as fast as amazon usually takes 2 business days tops for a good price.
I concur same experience ordering from US they shipped quickly and excellent prices.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:55 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MBi
I concur same experience ordering from US they shipped quickly and excellent prices.
When I did my front end I think I ordered from Rock Auto. I would have to check but they were just as good as OEM.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:26 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
When I get back it may be time I replaced the sensors on my 06
Which ones did you order TJ ...
I did Flying Spares, Scuderia and Rock Auto. If your talking about the ride height sensors, I had the dealer do mines because I couldn’t get my car to adapt after I did my front end. Mines were bent for some reason. But I did the sway bar links, struts all the control arms and axles myself.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Sorry TJ, I was on about the TPMS sensors ...
Oh, I never replaced them on this car, just my wife’s X6

Old 10-13-2020, 12:06 PM
Adam Barish is infamous around these parts
What do you think?

Originally Posted by Gillis51
Hey Scott
sorry for your loss.
I also just inherited a GTC. Mine is a 2011 80-11 but don’t take delivery until mid December. I’ve driven it prior to my uncles passing and loved it but not enough to comment on your questions. I’ll be learning along side you.

Arthur
Im picking up my 2011 GTC speed 8011 later this week. Curious if you have any interesting feedback on what to expect. Repairs/ride/handling/quirks etc.

Much thanks.
Adam

Old 10-19-2020, 01:03 PM
Scott Noftle is infamous around these parts
Hi Adam,

Congrats!
I like that color combo.
Not too much I don't like about the car, maybe you can give me your impression, but I find the ride to be a bit harsh for this "class" of vehicle, I'm surprised at how hard the bumps feel. I guess the "speed" designation beefs up the suspension and that is the culprit.
Since I've had the car I have...
Replaced Brakes (expensive!!)
Replaced the two front struts with NEW Arnott replacements
Also, replaced the front "arm assembly" (bushings?) when the struts were getting done.
Installed new plugs (100,000 kms service recommendation)

The car drives AMAZING after the arm assemblies were done.
I so have a shake in the car at certain speeds, I had my summer set up road force balanced and the tech said unfortunately one of my 20" rims are bent so I'll be looking to buy new ones come spring.
However, with my Winter tire set up (19") I have on now, the car still does have the "shakes" at certain speeds so I'm now wondering if its a drive shaft issue or something.

The convertible roof on my mine has "holes" where the rubber meets the body at the rear quarters of the car because putting the roof up and down just "eats the rubber". But... I don't care about that I pretty much only drive with the top down anyway.

This is a fantastic automobile I plan to keep for a very long time, hope you lover yours!!

Originally Posted by Adam Barish
Im picking up my 2011 GTC speed 8011 later this week. Curious if you have any interesting feedback on what to expect. Repairs/ride/handling/quirks etc.

Much thanks.
Adam

Old 10-20-2020, 02:50 PM
Ride

Funny, I just picked the car up in NJ and drove it 650 miles to NC. The one thing I noticed was the shimmy or vibration plus or minus 80 mph on about 50% of the roads I travelled. I know the rims had the scratches removed and freshly powder coated. I'm thinking they need balancing. Maybe I will find it's more than that?

Love everything else about it. I found a kit online to upgrade the infotainment system while keeping all the factory controls included via the screen.

For reference...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173103635227
Available a number of places.

​​​​​​I also noted the chrome bezel on the start stop is peeling the chrome from the white plastic. One would have thought on a $250,000 vehicle It might have been metal. I'm looking for a chrome paint or leaf to touch it up.

Best of luck to you too on your 8011.

Adam

Old 10-27-2020, 11:03 AM
Linescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud of
What needs upgrading?

Old 10-27-2020, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Linescreamer
What needs upgrading?
The infotainment system. With the Navi being outdated, no bluetooth integration for music and audiobooks, and Google auto / apple car play. I have and use Google auto in my Jeep and GMC pickup frequently taking advantage of Waze / google maps, audible etc through the cars screen.

Old 10-29-2020, 12:11 PM
Linescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud of
You are going to pay $2,500 for just the parts to get Nav and audio controls on the screen? It doesn't even come with the radio? I think there are much cheaper solutions out there. Do you have a CD player? Most people today don't use the car's Nav they use their phone and you can play audio through your car's speakers other ways. Mine has a 20 Gig hard drive. Do you have a hard drive?

Old 10-29-2020, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Linescreamer
You are going to pay $2,500 for just the parts to get Nav and audio controls on the screen? It doesn't even come with the radio? I think there are much cheaper solutions out there. Do you have a CD player? Most people today don't use the car's Nav they use their phone and you can play audio through your car's speakers other ways. Mine has a 20 Gig hard drive. Do you have a hard drive?
I donated my CD collection to the local Library many years ago. I stream my music now. It does have a CD Changer. Doesn't appear to have a hard drive. I did just yesterday pick up an FM / bluetooth receiver for streaming...I've been using my phone for Navi - no good place for the phone though. Still moving it around trying different locations. I like a clean look though - I'm picky.

Old 10-30-2020, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure you can stream music from your phone into your system through the CD wiring. Look around. They might even have a wireless option.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:22 PM
Randy V is infamous around these parts
There is a Bluetooth receiver that plugs into the iPod cable coming off the CD player. This srrms to be the best solution for streaming.

Originally Posted by Adam Barish
I donated my CD collection to the local Library many years ago. I stream my music now. It does have a CD Changer. Doesn't appear to have a hard drive. I did just yesterday pick up an FM / bluetooth receiver for streaming...I've been using my phone for Navi - no good place for the phone though. Still moving it around trying different locations. I like a clean look though - I'm picky.