Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

has anyone got one of these tesla bentley screens yet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 04:20 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zissis
Click on the "Watch this video on YouTube" link
Hello @zissis ,
I understand that 100%, I am saying it does not play here without clicking the link like many other utube videos do, that's all.

Thank you.

Johnny

Old 05-25-2020, 09:14 AM
Mr8888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks a lot for the review and video. It is definitely a nice update but has its tradeoffs like I assumed. I think it is better than ben hur and much better value.

Old 05-25-2020, 10:26 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
Thanks for taking the time. I love the screen and size; as a Ben Hur user, I can categorically state that your option seems to be a better option at a lot more reasonable price.

I have a couple of suspicions though: it's weird the pre-amp out is so low-powered to be useless...do you think your install is the first real Bentley install?

What is displayed on the console display?

Did it keep any of the mileage remaining, current consumption and related info? I noticed average speed data was bad, as you pointed out, but did that also kill the other MPG and similar functions?

Why did you disable Youtube playback?

Thanks again for taking the plunge and buying, installing and showing this to us all. Had this happened a year ago, you would have saved me $1,500 and given me the screen I wanted. My Alpine radio is similar in functionality, but with a much smaller screen.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:37 PM
LarrysFlyingSpur is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks neiloakley for your contribution on this project. the youtube video is very helpful. i went to your aliExpress link & searched for bentley head unit, several non-dvd navi options appeared such as autosterereo & pengGPS, which one did you choose? what options would you suggest to include? again, thanks for your efforts. i foresee the price of the traditional ben-hur units dropping drastically !
-Larry

Old 05-26-2020, 08:02 AM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
nealoakely,

Thanks for the excellent and comprehensive video demo! Looks like a great upgrade with that massive screen and nice to have the stock screen functionality on screen to boot!

Couple of questions

Do you know if the SIM is required for phone calls or if a standalone phone can be paired via bluetooth and used for that?
Also, do you know if can a standalone phone's internet wifi connection be used/shared as a hotspot for internet access?

I'm wondering if the unit can be used with out having to purchase a 2nd SIM w/ call/data plan by connecting to a phone. The flip side is of course, having to remember to carry the phone and potentially pair it every time.

Thanks!

Sam

Old 05-26-2020, 08:10 AM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
fyi.. looking at the aliexpress link, it seems theres are a couple of TPMS add on items for $55 (built in or external), however the 'buy now' buttons don't seem to be active. (just images)

Old 05-30-2020, 01:19 PM
neiloakley is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
A question as to the unit, does it retain all the DSP sound fields ?
@Johnny Hotspur GT No, you lose all the DSP functions. The head unit doesn't have that CAN capability to send DSP info to the Amp but no reason it couldn't be coded in the future. For now, you just have to rely on the head unit built in EQÂ

Originally Posted by British
it's weird the pre-amp out is so low-powered to be useless...do you think your install is the first real Bentley install?
@British Or the first that knows how to set up a sound system and frequently uses it at full volume. It's not a big though, just the Bentley amp likes a higher voltage input.Â

What is displayed on the console display?
@British Do you mean the instrument cluster behind the steering wheel? Nothing relating to the head-unit, just the normal stuff minus cd/radio and minus sat nav

Did it keep any of the mileage remaining, current consumption and related info?
@British The stuff on the screen is fine for current trip, but long term seems off. I may try resetting and trying it again. Everything is fine on the instrument cluster though.

Why did you disable Youtube playback?
@British Not sure what you mean by this?

Originally Posted by LarrysFlyingSpur
I went to your aliExpress link & searched for bentley head unit, several non-dvd navi options appeared such as autosterereo & pengGPS, which one did you choose?
@LarrysFlyingSpur The seller i bought from was Asvegen Car Radio Store. If you search for that, go to their store and then search for Bentley in the store, it should come up.Â

Originally Posted by sam08861
fyi.. looking at the aliexpress link, it seems theres are a couple of TPMS add on items for $55 (built in or external), however the 'buy now' buttons don't seem to be active. (just images)
@sam08861 Message the seller, they will send the links. I had the same problem but don't have the links saved.

Do you know if the SIM is required for phone calls or if a standalone phone can be paired via bluetooth and used for that?
@sam08861 No, the SIM is just so the unit can connect to the internet directly. You can pair your phone via bluetooth and then make hands-free calls through the head unit and also play music streamed from the phone.Â

Also, do you know if can a standalone phone's internet wifi connection be used/shared as a hotspot for internet access?
@sam08861 Yes, you can connect the head unit to any wifi network including MiFi devices and phone hotspots.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:49 PM
Thanks!

Old 07-07-2020, 03:00 PM
Registered PM
fstick09 is on a distinguished road
Screen size

Hey Neil,

Is your unit 9.7 or 12.1 size? When searching Ali, I am seeing both, but the pictures look nearly identical.

Old 07-07-2020, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by fstick09
Hey Neil,

Is your unit 9.7 or 12.1 size? When searching Ali, I am seeing both, but the pictures look nearly identical.
Mine was described as 9.7” - I can measure it tomorrow 👍

Old 08-23-2020, 04:36 AM
crusher is an unknown quantity at this point
great video neil and lots of very usefull info...big thanks for taking the plunge and giving us a full run down on this..
next question do i take the jump ? im pretty tempted to be honest as i think this will bring the rather dated system installed back into the present as the original looks so yesterday now...again big thanks and hope your family are all well .

Old 08-23-2020, 04:41 AM
crusher is an unknown quantity at this point
just a quick thought has anyone found a better price on these or is anyone considering a group buy?

Old 08-23-2020, 09:34 PM
Registered PM
fstick09 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by crusher
just a quick thought has anyone found a better price on these or is anyone considering a group buy?
Hey Crusher,

I am very close to pulling the trigger on this myself. I am conflicted with going with the older version in this thread or taking the risk and getting latest OS version. I recently upgraded my BMW X5 HU to an Android 10 version and it has had its share of little bugs and such.
I am looking for one that comes in the black dash version and would be a plus if the Bluetooth TPMS sensors were available from the same vendor.

Gary

Old 08-26-2020, 08:05 AM
Jason Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point
This looks fantastic. Will it fit an 2005 GT? Can anyone confirm?

Also what’s the extra needed for Apple CarPlay, is that just an app you need to buy or some extra hardware that needs to be installed.

Is the 4G antenna also included I.e. just plug in a 4G sim contract and good to go?

Ive got a dark walnut trim, do they do anything that matches. I’m assuming I’d be looking at swapping out my “real wood veneer” for some cheap plastic though with this. That’s a bit of a downside imho.

Old 09-18-2020, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Jason Morgan
This looks fantastic. Will it fit an 2005 GT? Can anyone confirm?

Also what’s the extra needed for Apple CarPlay, is that just an app you need to buy or some extra hardware that needs to be installed.

Is the 4G antenna also included I.e. just plug in a 4G sim contract and good to go?.
Yes, it will fit a 2005.

For apple CarPlay, you will need to buy an aftermarket CarPlay dongle. They do a WiFi version and a USB version. My advice is to go with USB is possible as the WiFi versions can be a bit flakey. The dongle will come with a link to the APK you need to install.

The 4G antenna is included, just drop a mini sim into the included sim card holder.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: has anyone got one of these tesla bentley screens yet