Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Reset softclose doors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 04:17 AM
Lars_Tempest is on a distinguished road
Reset softclose doors

Hello,
As per separate thread on failure to start, I had a weak starter battery that caused a few gremlins (the old battery seemed to charge fine, but clearly must have been too weak and caused the car to not want to play). Having changed the battery (so both are now relatively new Varta), almost everything is fine again (car starts fine in all modes, adjusts ride height etc perfectly). So all this seemingly down to a weak starter battery despite a healthy main one.
Having re-set windows, steering wheel and seats (seats and steering didn't seem strictly necessary), I am left with two main (minor, but everything should work) issues not re-setting properly. So I ask the Forum for guidance..Is there a re-set that I have missed? Symptom 1 is the soft close doors. Both motors run, however they do not grab and pull in the doors (so I have to close them the normal "harder" way). Reset? Symptom 2: When put in reverse, the curbside mirror (the left one on my RHD UK car) does tilt down a little, but not as much as it used to before the battery saga. I tried to do a reset "windows style", with no apparent effect. Is there a way to set the desired "tilt".. Any suggestions ? Btw, I do not have diagnostic tool being through lockdown in southern Spain at the holiday home. Many thanks.

Last edited by Lars_Tempest; 05-18-2020 at 04:22 AM.