Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Sold my Bentley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 06:34 AM
tteplitzmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Over engineered GTC 2013

Had my low mileage GTC for almost 2 years. It's always something which detracts from the enjoyment. Lack of independent shops
for repairs is another problem and they have to get parts from the dealer paying 90% of what I would pay. The dealer service or
dealer sourced parts prices are obscene. (D.C. area).

Told me I had two bent wheels to replace at $6000. Spoke with the mechanic once I got thru the guys in suits, and he told me
to ignore it. The Bentley corporate requires this when there is a tiny flaw in checking the wheels on the lift. I asked the suit if
I looked stupid? He said we don't "gouge" customers.

Can anyone give some guidance on un clogging my windshield washer lines? The pump is fine, both sides of the windshield have
little to know spray. Yes, I've tried cleaning the nozzles with a pin.

Old 08-22-2022, 09:38 AM
robert rogers is an unknown quantity at this point
I bit the bullet and sold my Bentley this past Friday. Beautiful car but I refuse to have constant problems with a vehicle that I only drive on the weekend.
Hopefully, the newer models are more reliable.

Old 08-22-2022, 09:53 AM
silvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by robert rogers
Same here, I use to own a Granturismo. Beautiful car...they use to call me Maserati Rob..
Have both a Granturismo and Continental GT.. GT is far easier to work on but Continental has the benefit of lots of VW and Audi parts. They're very different but I like both.

Old 08-22-2022, 12:38 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robert rogers
I bit the bullet and sold my Bentley this past Friday. Beautiful car but I refuse to have constant problems with a vehicle that I only drive on the weekend.
Hopefully, the newer models are more reliable.
They're not.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:02 AM
Mars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tteplitzmd
Had my low mileage GTC for almost 2 years. It's always something which detracts from the enjoyment. Lack of independent shops
for repairs is another problem and they have to get parts from the dealer paying 90% of what I would pay. The dealer service or
dealer sourced parts prices are obscene. (D.C. area).

Told me I had two bent wheels to replace at $6000. Spoke with the mechanic once I got thru the guys in suits, and he told me
to ignore it. The Bentley corporate requires this when there is a tiny flaw in checking the wheels on the lift. I asked the suit if
I looked stupid? He said we don't "gouge" customers.

Can anyone give some guidance on un clogging my windshield washer lines? The pump is fine, both sides of the windshield have
little to know spray. Yes, I've tried cleaning the nozzles with a pin.
TTEPlitzmd,

Here is what I would try, but I am not an expert, but since no one else answered. I would check the following:

*Check to see if he hose has a kink in it that would stop the full flow
* disconnect the hose behind the nozzle to see how much water comes out to see if it is the nozzle restricting the flow?
*Blow some air through them to see if any obstructions in the lines.but with the hoses disconnected so you don't clog components and don't use too much pressure since you could blow a line.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:05 AM
tteplitzmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Turns out to have been a kink. The real problem was that the bues are not all readily accessible like in most cars.