Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Headlight replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 11:29 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
Headlight replacement

I've read the extensive thread on the LED conversion, but I just had my passenger side low-beam die. I'm getting it replaced tomorrow. It's just a bulb, right? In the whole thread everyone was talking about LED and CAN BUS workarounds, I just want my headlight to work, there is nothing other than a simple replacement bulb, correct? Nothing interesting or particularly difficult?

Old 10-20-2020, 12:54 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by British
I've read the extensive thread on the LED conversion, but I just had my passenger side low-beam die. I'm getting it replaced tomorrow. It's just a bulb, right? In the whole thread everyone was talking about LED and CAN BUS workarounds, I just want my headlight to work, there is nothing other than a simple replacement bulb, correct? Nothing interesting or particularly difficult?
Keep me posted on who’s doing the work brother. I want to get mines done before one goes out and all I’ve been reading is how the front end has to come off just to change some bulbs.

The bulbs you have to replace I believe had to be Can-Bus or you will get a error code on your dash as if your light is still out.
I took that work around as if they ordered a bulb and that in-line thing came with it so the error wouldn’t show up.

Old 10-20-2020, 03:08 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @British ,
Thank you for your kind words !

Here is the right side (Passenger) low beam bulb.

Johnny

Old 10-20-2020, 03:12 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
As far as if it is a simple bulb replacement depends on what failed, the bulb, or the ballast/igniter.

Hopefully just the bulb.

Johnny

Old 10-20-2020, 03:20 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
Thanks Johnny, that's what I needed. Hadn't even thought about it being the ballast. Let's cross our fingers.

I'm also replacing an axle boot that's torn and throwing grease everywhere, that's a three-hour job.

Teamjones, I'm using Fluidmotorunion, they have the D2S in stock, I just checked after Johnny's posting.

Old 10-20-2020, 08:27 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by British
Thanks Johnny, that's what I needed. Hadn't even thought about it being the ballast. Let's cross our fingers.

I'm also replacing an axle boot that's torn and throwing grease everywhere, that's a three-hour job.

Teamjones, I'm using Fluidmotorunion, they have the D2S in stock, I just checked after Johnny's posting.
Cool...I think I’m going to have them as my go to guys (and girls) for my car also.