Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Leaking transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 08:17 PM
355spider is on a distinguished road
Leaking transmission

My transmission pan is leaking so I need a new gasket I assume. Is there an Audi part that is a direct swap?

Old 02-27-2022, 10:19 AM
Looks like it's a liquid gasket. I suppose I can just use any liquid gasket from AutoZone.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:20 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 355spider
Looks like it's a liquid gasket. I suppose I can just use any liquid gasket from AutoZone.
​​​​​​Hello @355spider , SEE EDIT BELOW
Being we are discussing your 2005 GT, you have a ZF 6HP-26, and it does have a gasket, I purchased as pictured below, the gasket and filter/strainer both from Audi a few years back when I was told that it was my pan leaking, long story short, when I put my A8L W12 on the lift to check myself, I found it was the transmission cooler that was leaking, but that is not your issue here as our GT'S have a different transmission cooler setup, I only mention this information because I have never used the gasket or filter, and still have it in the original packaging, and will either keep for future use on my 6HP-26 Audi, or sell, (EDIT) as I just realized that my ZF 6HP-28 SS transmission has a 13 hole gasket, vs the 24 hole on the 6hp-26, but be sure to count the number of bolts your transmission pan has, I have two Bentley GT ZF 6HP-26 transmissions laying around, and both have 24 hole pans, as does my Audi A8L W12 trans pan, I say this because Scuderia has both the 24 hole and 13 hole gaskets listed for 2003-10 GT's, could just be a mistake, but best to be sure.

Another thing I would like you to look at is where the cooling lines mount to the trans, see if that is where the oil is leaking from and blowing back around the pan, as when my Audi was leaking, it was the two flat washers between the trans and the cooler, and it was all over the pan, so the transmission shop I happened to be at picking up another car, they took a look and went right to it was the pan, I found out differently as stated above, our GT cooler lines insert where the audi cooler would be, then those lines run to the front of the vehicle to a cooler.

The part numbers are the same for the Bentley vs Audi.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 02-27-2022 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2022, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
​​​​​​Hello @355spider , SEE EDIT BELOW
Being we are discussing your 2005 GT, you have a ZF 6HP-26, and it does have a gasket, I purchased as pictured below, the gasket and filter/strainer both from Audi a few years back when I was told that it was my pan leaking, long story short, when I put my A8L W12 on the lift to check myself, I found it was the transmission cooler that was leaking, but that is not your issue here as our GT'S have a different transmission cooler setup, I only mention this information because I have never used the gasket or filter, and still have it in the original packaging, and will either keep for future use on my 6HP-26 Audi, or sell, (EDIT) as I just realized that my ZF 6HP-28 SS transmission has a 13 hole gasket, vs the 24 hole on the 6hp-26, but be sure to count the number of bolts your transmission pan has, I have two Bentley GT ZF 6HP-26 transmissions laying around, and both have 24 hole pans, as does my Audi A8L W12 trans pan, I say this because Scuderia has both the 24 hole and 13 hole gaskets listed for 2003-10 GT's, could just be a mistake, but best to be sure.

Another thing I would like you to look at is where the cooling lines mount to the trans, see if that is where the oil is leaking from and blowing back around the pan, as when my Audi was leaking, it was the two flat washers between the trans and the cooler, and it was all over the pan, so the transmission shop I happened to be at picking up another car, they took a look and went right to it was the pan, I found out differently as stated above, our GT cooler lines insert where the audi cooler would be, then those lines run to the front of the vehicle to a cooler.

The part numbers are the same for the Bentley vs Audi.

Johnny

Well I'm really just taking the Bentley mechanics word for it. He's the one that said the pawn gasket is leaking. You want to sell that gasket and filter?

Old 02-27-2022, 07:20 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@355spider ,
Yes I will, pm me.
But just be sure you need it first, see these pictures from @kilog 's GT, @Dark Green highlighted the leak, and gave the seal part number.

Johnny

Old 03-02-2022, 11:40 AM
Administrator
@355spider ,
See attached.

Johnny