Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley continental headlight question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2022, 01:21 AM
Adam rodriguez is an unknown quantity at this point
Bentley continental headlight question

Hi All,

i have a 2005 Bentley continental gt and i would like to know how much will the local bentley dealer charge me for labor cost and everything else for the dealer to replace my factory 4300k yellow headlight bulbs for some 6000k hid xenon bulbs. Btw i Live in the Usa. Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited by Adam rodriguez; 04-15-2022 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2022, 07:58 AM
xclens is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello,

What your local Bentley dealer charges is like asking how long is a rope... heh But seriously, it is very different from city to state to country.

With that said, replacing the front bulbs can be quite a time-consuming operation, as the shop may need to remove quite a bit from the front-end in order to reach the back of the headlight clusters. My shop in Sweden had to remove quite a bit, including the front side panels, just to be able to replace all of my bulbs. I've heard from numerous others on here who had to go through the same thing, but I have also read some people who said they managed without tearing that much apart.

My local Swedish shop charged me for 5 hours of labor (though they were nice to me), and it ended up around $500 USD.

Old 10-30-2022, 03:51 AM
jking702 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the reply.

Originally Posted by xclens
Hello,

What your local Bentley dealer charges is like asking how long is a rope... heh But seriously, it is very different from city to state to country.

With that said, replacing the front bulbs can be quite a time-consuming operation, as the shop may need to remove quite a bit from the front-end in order to reach the back of the headlight clusters. My shop in Sweden had to remove quite a bit, including the front side panels, just to be able to replace all of my bulbs. I've heard from numerous others on here who had to go through the same thing, but I have also read some people who said they managed without tearing that much apart.

My local Swedish shop charged me for 5 hours of labor (though they were nice to me), and it ended up around $500 USD.

Thanks for the reply. I was actually asking what kind of bulb I would need to buy to replace the low beam in this particular kind of headlight. Do you know the bulb size and type for these lights?

Old 10-30-2022, 08:32 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @jking702 ,
I think that you have replied to the wrong thread, as only one person asked a question here, and it was Adam asking about labor cost.

Johnny

Originally Posted by jking702
Thanks for the reply. I was actually asking what kind of bulb I would need to buy to replace the low beam in this particular kind of headlight. Do you know the bulb size and type for these lights?

Old 10-31-2022, 08:49 AM
xclens is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jking702
Hello,

As Johnny mentioned, perhaps you replied to the wrong post, but I think this post may give you some help with the type of bulbs you need:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...uide-help.html

Old 11-08-2022, 02:53 PM
US06GT is an unknown quantity at this point
Bulb Chart

I copied this from another post. Hope it helps.

Attached Files
File Type: docx
11 21 Bulb Chart.docx (19.2 KB, 17 views)