Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Tesla Style Head Unit Navigation delays/slowness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 11:54 AM
DR3ADKN0T is an unknown quantity at this point
Tesla Style Head Unit Navigation delays/slowness

Not sure if anyone else is dealing with this but I constantly have had issues with my Waze or Google maps not updating while driving. Causing me to miss turns all the time. I realize there is a slight delay but this is more that than. Its like its not refreshing the data and I think I figured out the cause. When you connect to Apple Carplay its using a version of Wifi to communicate with the headunit. You can disable Bluetooth and it still works. from what I have seen. What I think is happening is that the phone is trying to use that Wifi Connection to get data and it cant. Occasionally I would get a prompt about using Cellular vs Wifi for some application and that seems to have resolved it. I just got the 14 plus and so far not seeing that issue, perhaps a new update resolved it.

Anyone else run into this?

Old 10-28-2022, 07:42 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
Maybe. I have the exact same problem and I am convinced that it is the new version of iPhone. I upgraded to an iPhone 12 Pro and immediately my GPS signal began being terrible.

If I put the phone on the dash, it will update, but in the cabin and in it's hard-wired mount, it is useless for navigation.

It is really bad, I can get it to update by holding it by the windshield, but when I put it back in its mount you can see it drifting in real-time, it will show me hundreds of yards away off the road I'm on.

I suspect it has to do with the double windows and such, but I think you're stuck with it. I bought my radio without nav, because who needs nav? Right?

I absolutely hate the problem and I don't know what to do about it, but I doubt it is your CarPlay, I think it's your new phone with an ultra-miniaturized GPS receiver. They finally made it too small to work in our cars

Old 10-29-2022, 09:00 AM
xclens is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't used the Google Maps function since installing the Tesla screen; I am so used to just using my phone. I am driving the Bentley for 2 more days before I send it into hibernation for a few winter months, so I will try to see how mine works.

For your info, I did not purchase a separate SIM-card for my screen, which in Sweden is around 10 bucks a month at the lowest. No biggie on the cost, it just felt excessive when I could just use my own phone (with unlimited data) as a Mobile Hot-Spot for the screen.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:05 AM
DR3ADKN0T is an unknown quantity at this point
So while trying to fix something else I figured out that I had the wrong USB connection setup. There are two cables that have USB connections on the headunit. Found one of the cables in the bag was going over it again. Now when I plug my phone in I get CarPlay through the cable. previously it was always using wireless which caused most of my issues I think.. Hopefully this fixes it. Ill let you all know.

Old 11-01-2022, 01:37 PM
iSteve is an unknown quantity at this point
I close the CarPlay app on the head unit and it reconnects and is ok. It appears to be an iPhone sleep issue