Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Opportunity to Part out Phaeton for parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2023, 05:16 PM
Mars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond repute
Opportunity to Part out Phaeton for parts

I wanted to ask the board for advice. This weekend I stumbled across a 2006 VW Phaeton that is being parted out. The wheels and part of the engine on the car has been dropped, but I can pretty much get just about any random part on the car for next to nothing. For example I pulled the Self leveling control module 3D0907553C for $20 and the 3D0915181G battery control module for $20 as well, I also got the TPMS control module for $5, but it may have gotten wet. The Phaeton's glass sunroof is shattered and the trunk is partially open so there has been some water ingress so I am guessing the floor ECU is toast or has been soaked at some point.. Only a few misc parts have been stripped on this car and since many of the modules/controllers etc on the Phaeton are the same as on the Continental GT, I was wondering if there are any particular parts that are high dollar that I should get to keep as a spare in case something on my car fails. The engine in this car has been disconnected, but is sitting on the ground. It looks like someone tried to start to remove the engine and stopped.

Some of the parts I considered were the ABS control module and wiper motor. (Still don't know Are there any other parts that I should consider getting, especially if there is one that crosses that is no longer made. The car is sitting without wheels so the underside of the car is not accessible at this point, but the yard that has it might lift it up if asked. Does anyone think there are parts I should get for a spare while they are available or is it a waste of time. Is there a few odd parts I should get that a Phaeton owner couldn't easily get anymore. I am not trying to make money on this, I just know that sometimes misc pieces, especially interior can be impossible to source and I know I would appreciate it if someone had them available. I may ask on the VW Vortex Phaeton forum, but really more concerned about parts for the Bentley.
I appreciate any input since I plan on possibly going back next weekend when I have a few tools with me in case I should get any parts.

Last edited by Mars911; 01-08-2023 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:33 AM
Samhain is on a distinguished road
Does it still have the front and rear bumper covers? How about the ZAB (central entertainment unit?)

Old 01-09-2023, 10:46 AM
Mars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Samhain
Does it still have the front and rear bumper covers? How about the ZAB (central entertainment unit?)
The front bumper is gone, but has the rear bumper but would need to check the condition. I believe the central entertainment was gone, but would have to check. It might have also gotten wet from the broken sunroof. Not sure I would want to get a large part since I would have to keep it, mainly thinking electronics that might be compatable or something VW doesn't make anymore. I know the outer tail lights were intact , but the round center had been removed. The trunk hinges were impressive and believe it or not awesome looking. Nicest hinges I have seen.

Last edited by Mars911; 01-09-2023 at 11:37 AM.