BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M3 takes the one-two punch punch from the c63 and Cayman S-KNOCKOUT!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Beach_Bum is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DJ
wow................ u just dont give up

How about just going to the other sections and posting positives on cars you like already LOL

Your screen name will be changed to Dr. Negativo LOL!
+1

OP: Seriously get over it. You're on every BMW forum bashing the M3 then you try and back out of it by saying "i really wasn't trying to put down the m3 even though it prob seemed that way (i do have to admit i like doing it because it seems to get dj riled up a little bit, LOL!)." PLEASE. We all know you're the biggest Porsche cheerleader ever and that's fine, but you're constant negativity towards BMW is getting extremely old.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:19 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Beach_Bum
+1

OP: Seriously get over it. You're on every BMW forum bashing the M3 then you try and back out of it by saying "i really wasn't trying to put down the m3 even though it prob seemed that way (i do have to admit i like doing it because it seems to get dj riled up a little bit, LOL!)." PLEASE. We all know you're the biggest Porsche cheerleader ever and that's fine, but you're constant negativity towards BMW is getting extremely old.
dude...chill out...where did i say in any of my posts the m3 was a POS? i didnt. every bmw forum huh? im only on 3 of them and i dont even post on e46fanatics anymore, barely post on m3forum and hardly ever post on bimmerpages too.

ill express my views on bmw all i want, as a consumer i have the right to do so.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:22 AM
flightposite is infamous around these partsflightposite is infamous around these parts
its the end for the m3 as we all know it. C63 for the win sorry. the e46 is the last awesome car bmw made

Old 11-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flightposite
its the end for the m3 as we all know it. C63 for the win sorry. the e46 is the last awesome car bmw made
One of the dumbest posts ever. The car will sell like hot cakes to those that love the mark.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Beach_Bum is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
dude...chill out...where did i say in any of my posts the m3 was a POS? i didnt. every bmw forum huh? im only on 3 of them and i dont even post on e46fanatics anymore, barely post on m3forum and hardly ever post on bimmerpages too.

ill express my views on bmw all i want, as a consumer i have the right to do so.
You can't be serious. You've been bashing the new M3, E46 M3, E90/92 3 series for as long as I can remember. You've even criticized the E46 M3 in this very thread.

I wonder why you don't post on those forums anymore? Maybe because everybody was sick of your criticism towards BMW and your leg-humping of Porsche?

You're correct, though, it is your right to express your views, but I think we all get the hint by now.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:00 AM
flightposite is infamous around these partsflightposite is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
One of the dumbest posts ever. The car will sell like hot cakes to those that love the mark.

yes it nice looking yes it is a nice car to some but i just think there are other things else worth buying. for one thing if your paying that much for a sports car bmw needs to work on their interior its horrible compared to the competition.

Last edited by flightposite; 11-30-2007 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:16 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Beach_Bum
You can't be serious. You've been bashing the new M3, E46 M3, E90/92 3 series for as long as I can remember. You've even criticized the E46 M3 in this very thread.

I wonder why you don't post on those forums anymore? Maybe because everybody was sick of your criticism towards BMW and your leg-humping of Porsche?

You're correct, though, it is your right to express your views, but I think we all get the hint by now.
I cant help it that im picky...i own an e46 m3, and yes theres thing i wish were better but i generally like it.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:31 AM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
Why don't you post on bimmerpages anymore?

Old 11-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
New M3 is "ok"
I like the looks of the new C63 a lot more, and the car is a beast.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:46 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, i think you are misunderstanding PorscheC4 here a little bit.......allow me to shed some light on the situation....

The guy LOVES his M3...despite what you gather from his posts on this forum and others, (in "real life") he frickin loves that thing. I have riden in it a few times and driven it a few and that car is AMAZING. He knows it and isnt affraid to admit it - also has a huge grin on his face when he rips down a backroad blippin the throttle as he downshifts hahaa...but like all of us, he wants more! DUH! Also like many of us on here he is always looking onto the next car.

I think he posts "negatively" about the BMWs sometimes because he is so critical of them - and wishes they were different/better/etc. Not to be mistaken for pure hatred or someting haha.

He likes Porsche (dont we all?!) because for right now, it satisfies what he is looking for. Simple as that. He has an itch and only the PERFECT car can stratch it. I was the same way...i needed to ditch my Evo...not that i didnt LOVE that car, but i needed to sratch my SUV itch along with getting a Porsche. So i did.

So cut the guy some slack...and dont try to talk him out of a Porshce because i want a ride in it!!!

Old 11-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Guys, i think you are misunderstanding PorscheC4 here a little bit.......allow me to shed some light on the situation....

The guy LOVES his M3...despite what you gather from his posts on this forum and others, (in "real life") he frickin loves that thing. I have riden in it a few times and driven it a few and that car is AMAZING. He knows it and isnt affraid to admit it - also has a huge grin on his face when he rips down a backroad blippin the throttle as he downshifts hahaa...but like all of us, he wants more! DUH! Also like many of us on here he is always looking onto the next car.

I think he posts "negatively" about the BMWs sometimes because he is so critical of them - and wishes they were different/better/etc. Not to be mistaken for pure hatred or someting haha.

He likes Porsche (dont we all?!) because for right now, it satisfies what he is looking for. Simple as that. He has an itch and only the PERFECT car can stratch it. I was the same way...i needed to ditch my Evo...not that i didnt LOVE that car, but i needed to sratch my SUV itch along with getting a Porsche. So i did.

So cut the guy some slack...and dont try to talk him out of a Porshce because i want a ride in it!!!
Thanks Jon! i think people often see my posts as bashing, but im just critical and want the best out of a catr company that i know can do better than they have been lately to me personally. I do love my m3, but know its not a perfect car and i express that...ive tried to also rectify that with the mods. I dont sugarcoat stuff, i tell it like it is, im very opinionated and my view are exactly that, MY VIEWS! im just looking for something that is more the total package, i think the M division while still believe the chasis needs to be faster than the engine, it seems more and more that they care just as much about big hp numbers and are a lot more concerned with straight line than they used to be.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eddie

But can't people see that all these "comparisons" are of cars with different focus points and visions as companies??

AMG C63: Raw power, the auto tranny is actually an AMG philosophy from day 1, not an inability to develop transmissions.

RS4: Balanced comfortable wolf in sheeps clothing. AWD part of Audi DNA

M3: Lighter than above two, but still pretty heavy free revving GT rendition of a sports car, tail happy LSD standard fun car.

CS: mid platform, lightweight for todays standard, designed to be an agile engaging car.

All of these cars are so different in scope, it's no surprise that certain people like certain models over the others. Who the heck cars what some car nut journalist prefers best, when the differences are clear and additionally evident should be which car suits you.
i like how you put this. that's whay you can NEVER (well almost never) convince a MB guy to buy a BMW or vice versa unless their situations change.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:53 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
im just looking for something that is more the total package, i think the M division while still believe the chasis needs to be faster than the engine, it seems more and more that they care just as much about big hp numbers and are a lot more concerned with straight line than they used to be.
Just care about "big hp number???" The E9x M3 makes less power than the C63 or RS4, and they knew it all along, but felt it was enough for the model.

The M division has never been about staight line performance. You're full of contradictions. You say how the E46 M3 just looks soo good, and how well it drives, and then pull back in this thread and tell people it's for sale- almost hinting it's not that great of a car.

You also say you're not bashing, but EVERY OPPORTUNITY you get, you "bash" the E90/92 M3, AND have to through in how good the E46 M3 is. Obviously I'm not the only one who has noticed this. And we KNOW the E46 M3 is an excellent car.

Now you talk about the "total package," but ignore how the E92 is considerably faster around The Ring than an E46 M3.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:59 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Originally Posted by kaz555
Why don't you post on bimmerpages anymore?
He hit his 1000 post quota to soon! Kidding...ya why don't you post there anymore!!!

You need to get the E46 forum cranking

Old 11-30-2007, 08:24 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
I buy a car for its performance, value, quality, enjoyment etc. NOT FOR ITS ****ING BRAND. I just can't stand people who are so loyal to a brand that they get blind on seeing other cars out there. But somehow, BMW seems to have THE MOST brand buying customers. BMW ****** FTW!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 takes the one-two punch punch from the c63 and Cayman S-KNOCKOUT!